is it friday yet?

this month has been SO busy for me and i cannot tell you how much i am looking forward to NOT going anywhere this weekend... between going to the beach, visiting my dad, and 3 weddings - my weekends have been shot and i can't believe august is only 4 days away... where is this summer going? :o(

i'll try and keep my weekend recap short and sweet, plus i have some pics to share with you (and i think i finally fixed the whole text-wrap thing)... on friday night, eric came over and we went to see the indiana jones movie - it was okay, nothing spectular, and definitely not as good as the other ones... i AM happy that we got to see it on the big screen though... on saturday, i headed to my dad's and spent a few hours with him - he wasn't as awake/active as last time so i helped him with lunch, gave him a shave, trimmed his fingernails, and took him outside for a while... on saturday night, eric and i decided to take the bike out for a late-night ride and celebrated his bday at this country biker-bar that has these amazing blue cheese burgers... dessert was ice cream at jimmy cone which has been open, in my hometown, since i can remember - i had vanilla yogurt with oreos... mmm mmm... :o)

on sunday, we hung-out around the house for a while but then had to get ready for wedding #3 - eric found out that the whole 'black-tie' thing was a misprint on the invitations but it was too late for me to go home and get another dress... the ceremony was nice but very long (1.5 hours) and the reception was really nice too since it was held at a botanical gardens... we sat with most of eric's coworkers so at least i knew most of them and had a good time... it was also a late night for me since we had to go back to eric's and then i had to drive home from there - today has been brutal since i'm pretty tired and i'm counting the hours until i can go home... ;o)

our garden is starting to bust at the seams with tomatoes - i'm hoping to have enough by this weekend so i can learn how to can salsa and spaghetti sauce (thanks mom!)... i made a great salad for the week too with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden - it was quite yummy on a whole wheat pita (see below)...



our over-flowing garden



the bigger-than-life bridal party



the funniest cake-topper i've ever seen



the most handsomest couple i've ever seen



and you know we can't go anywhere without snapping one of these



happy monday... :o)


Kate  – (1:34 PM)  

sounds like a great weekend to me!

JavaChick  – (2:02 PM)  

Another person with a tiny garden! Mine is really teeny though. And so far, mostly green tomatoes - hope they start to get ripe soon.

Trish  – (2:42 PM)  

LOVE your photos, too cute! That is a huge bridal party ain't it?

Hope your week goes by fast so you can rest :)

Carolyn  – (3:24 PM)  

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

PS you look GREAT in the pics, such a great looking couple!!

Sizzle  – (3:47 PM)  

I think I need lunch- that first pic looks so yummy!

Cute pics of you guys. :-)

Anonymous –   – (3:49 PM)  

Looks like you had fun at the wedding. You look great BTW.

Take One Stripper Pole  – (3:58 PM)  

Love the pics ... that last one is super cute. Plus the new layout looks awesome! Hope you have a wonderful quiet weekend ... send a positive thought my way since I will be having my ass kicked with kbs for three straight days. I should have bought that cake topper from my brother's wedding ... lol.

WWSuzi  – (4:01 PM)  

You guys look sooooo cute ;)

Vickie  – (11:27 AM)  

I have been reading along on all your wedding posts and thinking that it sounded very fun and was very glad that you went to all of them. (but being glad that it wasn't me with so many events) your pictures are darling.

Mark Salinas  – (3:05 PM)  

First time here...I like!

Mandy  – (9:33 PM)  

Good luck with the canning! I tried my hand at it for the first time last summer and will be doing it again this year... I just finished off my last jar of strawberry mango jam. Mmmm mmmm!

Post a Comment