did i just feel a drop of sweat?

i was actually sweating today during my weight routine and that never happens - i must be really challenging myself this time around... i've never been a huge sweater anyway (minus a good spin class) so it was good to know that i'm pushing my body to the next level... AND i'm totally digging my shoulder muscles too - they're becoming quite defined... with summer coming, i think that's a pretty good thing... do YOU have a body part that you may not have liked before, but are in love with now that you're working out? just curious...

i made my stuffed peppers last night and eric raved about them at dinner (i forgot to take a picture, sorry!)... here's the recipe if you're interested...

ingredients
3 large peppers, halved, and seeded
1 lb. lean ground beef (i used 97/3)
2 cans chopped tomatoes (pureed)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 small onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
salt/pepper

directions
cook halved peppers in boiling water for about 10 minutes... then combine all ingredients, stuff into pepper halves, cover with tomato puree, and cover with aluminum foil... bake for 35-40 minutes (til bubbly) in a 400 degree oven... i served these with a side of brocolli but you can also do a salad... according to eTools - the point count was 3 per half-pepper... enjoy! :o)

tonight is the season finale for a lot of shows - the office, scrubs, CSI - both 24 and LOST will be next week... speaking of LOST, it was really good last night - i love that things have picked up again (like in the good 'ole days) but am sad they waited til the end of the season... i wonder what's going to happen to charlie? and what happened to locke? and i'm digging that jack found his balls again... ;o)

after work, i need to head to trader joe's and try to find that black bean dip that roni's always raving about... and i pick-up some of their herbed goat cheese which is to die for... and maybe try their chile lime burgers... and soy crisps.....................

happy thursday...


Kim L  – (4:38 PM)  

don't forget the two point vegetarian egg rolls in the freezer section at trader joe's. yum!

Grumpy Chair  – (6:00 PM)  

Texas does not have Trader Joe's, boo hoo!!! Maybe one day . . .

I love The Office and Scrubs, but will have to miss the finales because of my son's baseball party. We aren't cool enough to have DVR or TiVo.

Anonymous –   – (7:16 PM)  

Oooh I just got those chile lime chicken burgers the other day; I think I will try them now!

Uh, tonight's television line up has me stoked...I have plenty of cold pills in hand, tea bags, and a nice warm blankie to sit and stare at my TiVo for hours upon hours.

Askazombiehousewife  – (8:27 PM)  

I didn't sweat at my weight training today
but I din
t push it hard either.

Lauren  – (9:04 PM)  

I read somewhere that the healthier you get, the more you sweat, so yay you.

Post a Comment