loss for words

donald kessler
june 14, 1932 - april 6, 2010

my father finally lost his battle with Alzheimer's this morning, he was 2 months shy of turning 78... my sister had called on friday to say that his health had quickly deteriorated during the past week and that his lungs were full of fluid (from pneumonia)... the meds hadn't helped and he had also stopped eating so we pretty much knew at that point, it would be soon... my brother, my sister, and i spent the day with him on saturday - they had him on morphine to keep him comfortable - i'm not sure if he knew we were there or not... i'd like to think he did... eric and i spent the morning w/him on sunday and i had my chance to say goodbye... i can't even remember what i said, but it was hard - that's all i know... my sister was able to visit with him yesterday and the nurses were amazed that he was still going (esp. after not having any fluids or food for 3+ days)... his heart finally gave-out around 4am, and now he can finally rest in peace...

we are planning a memorial service for early may (since he's being cremated) and then he'll have full military honors before being buried... still seems odd to say, but that is reality...

i may not be on here as often... i'm still in shock and trying to stay busy, without crying... yes, im at work, but only because staying at home would be worse...

not-so-happy tuesday...


Blossom  – (1:34 PM)  

So sorry to hear about the passing of your dad....

Sizzle  – (1:54 PM)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. Surround yourself with love and people who care.

xoxo

Megilon  – (2:36 PM)  

My sympathy is with you. You'll be in my prayers.

Sugar  – (3:15 PM)  

Aww hunny! Sending big hugs and all I can say is, try to keep yourself busy. It helps, or it did me. :) Were all here for ya!

Lori  – (4:15 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Katie J ♥  – (4:15 PM)  

I am sorry for your loss Jodi. Losing a parent is life altering regardless of your age.

Hugs and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Kim  – (4:29 PM)  

Dear Jodi,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you as you get through this .

marie  – (4:43 PM)  

So sorry to read about your loss.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown  – (4:49 PM)  

Oh no, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your father. May he rest in peace.

Vickie  – (7:36 PM)  

so sorry

and you are the second of my weight loss blogger friends to lose their dad (with alzheimers) this week.

Both a blessing and such a loss of so many years with them.

Chris H  – (9:23 PM)  

My condolences Jodi.
{{{HUGS}}}

Teresa  – (11:09 AM)  

My sincere sympathy on the loss of your father. ((Take Care))

Rebecca  – (11:25 AM)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!

ChrisB  – (3:42 PM)  

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear father. Hugs x

Sarah  – (5:51 AM)  

So sorry to hear about your dad, Jodie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Post a Comment