the green what?

so i keep reading about these 'green monster' drinks and finally found the website where it all began (see below)... i know a lot of you have already tried them and i'm curious to know what you think... did you follow her recipes or have you come up with your own? do you use the wheat grass powder too? just curious - i printed off a few recipes and am anxious to try one... anything that is healthy AND tasty can't be a bad thing! ;)

so anyway, i found a few new websites/blogs and thought i'd share... enjoy! :)

happy tuesday...


Lori  – (12:01 PM)  

I do my own version, pretty much. I don't do green powders, though!

My recipes:
big bunch of spinach
1 banana (frozen is best)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon peanut butter
ice
1 cup water

Or
big bunch of spinach
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 tsp honey
ice, water.

They are really pretty easy. You don't really taste the spinach, particularly if the fruit is very sweet like cantaloupe, bananas or peaches.

I won't ever try kale, though - too bitter for me.

Rebecca  – (3:19 PM)  

i do my own version too...

spinach..couple of handfuls
1 sm banana
1 sc. protein powder
1 c. milk

i love the creamy texture the spinach adds. just make sure you blend long enough...sometimes you do end up chewing pieces.

love how i already have one veggie portion in before 9 am!

Anne  – (7:10 PM)  

I made my first one this morning and loved it!!
I will post about it later :) You have to try it, no spinach taste at all!!

I used
1 cup almond milk
3 handfuls of spinach
1 banana
3/4 cup frozen berries.

Dennis & Jodi  – (8:29 PM)  

i have never heard of green monster drinks but now i am intrigued! i will try it as soon as i get grocery shopping done this week-- sounds very delicious!

Post a Comment