thanks to all that shared some of their green monster ideas yesterday... if you check-out angela's website - she has posted a ton of recipes from other bloggers... i also read about salba and ordered two bottles last night so i can use that in my smoothies (amazon had the best deal)... here are just a few of the healthy benefits it offers:
- nature's highest source of omega-3s and fiber
- controls food cravings
- supports digestive health & detoxification
- source of natural energy & stamina
- 30-min cardio (min) daily - 29/30 days
- do the "belly-off" program 3x/week - check!
- take a class at the gym 1x/week - check! most weeks i took 2 spin classes
- do better at tracking points (esp. sat/sun) - didn't track anything :(
- cut-back on sugar - check!
- lose 5 pounds - lost 3.8
- not feel guilty about putting myself first - work-in-progress
ending weight: 161.2
loss: 3.8 pounds
starting measurement (total): 160.5"
ending measurement (total): 157.5"
i believe my next 30-day challenge will involve a different smoothie, every morning - there are endless possibilities as far as ingredients go, so that should be an easy one... then again - i'm going on vacation at the end of the month, so that may pose a problem, but we'll see... i also may sign-up for a kick-boxing class - i just need to look at the gym calendar (as well as my own) and see if it will work... :)
happy hump day...