fondue for two

yesterday was my mom's birthday so i took her to the melting pot - for those who aren't familiar with this place, you basically have a dinner (4-courses) that is eaten fondue style... you can chose the type of cheese, type of salad, type of entree, and most importantly - the type of chocolate... it was heavenly and our waiter was great which makes for an even more pleasant experience (they even gave a bday card to my mom!)... we ate until we were stuffed - i think my mom can totally outdo me though - i couldn't finish the last course and she just kept going... heck, if it's your 73rd birthday - i say eat and be merry! happy birthday mom! :o)

mmm, look at that cheesey-goodness...


just look at that dessert plate (strawberries, bananas, pound cake, brownies, cheesecake, rice-crispie treats, and marshmallows)...


Carolyn  – (10:24 AM)  

MMMMmmmmmmm Yummmmmm
Never been to one of those but it looks delish!!

Anne  – (10:43 AM)  

Sounds like an awesome meal!
Your mom is so cute!

Sharla  – (11:11 AM)  

You both are beautiful!
Happy Bday to your mom!

Elephant Steps  – (11:26 AM)  

What a great thing to do for your moms birthday!!
I've still never had fondue!!
My thyroid pills are 50 mcg, but I find out next week if I need to go higher. I guess when you are pregnant you might have to progress to higher pills, so thats why my blood has to be check each month.
As for the Iron, I had my blood checked 2 weeks ago to see if the baby had spine abifida ( however you spell it) and down syndrome, I didn't get a call within a couple days, so we are in the clear for that. She is suppose to go over our results if there isn't a problem at my next appointment which is in two weeks, so I really don't know if the Iron pill is working or not, but maybe I will find out then too.

Teresa  – (12:04 PM)  

What a lovely photo of the two of you. The food looks devine. Belated Happy Birthday to your Mom. Looks like you had a very special time.

eurydice  – (2:08 PM)  

mmmm fondue! happy bday to your mum!

Post a Comment