becoming a regular at home depot

we started on the garden today and already planted peas, onions, and spinach... next up will be: carrots, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, squash, and herbs - i can't wait! it's much larger this year too so things won't be ontop of each other - i am very excited to say the least, esp. since i am living here now and can go 'play outside' whenever i feel like it... flowers were also purchased so i'll try and get the flower boxes done this week... i made turkey burgers for dinner (that were most excellent) along with some grilled asparagus and cous-cous - can't complain about that! :)

yesterday was a bit hectic since we started on the bedroom, and i had both a hair appt. in the morning and then plans with my mom last night... i hate only having a few hours to start a project, but there wasn't much i could do about it... we managed to get the trim done but it took forever to tape everything and there were many spots that needed spackling (so it had to dry)... i hope to get the walls done and my furniture in by wednesday (that's my goal anyway) and after that - we will move onto the pantry which will need painted and more shelves added (because i'd like more room!)... :)

i thought i'd share some flower pics i took today while we were outside and be warned - there's one of a spider eric found in the dirt - it was so cool! and no, i wasn't THAT close to him but rather have my macro-lens to thank... :)










Chris H  – (9:57 PM)  

YOu know, I was really enjoying the photos..till the last one! IKKKY spiders.

Vickie  – (9:32 AM)  

loved the pictures. My daffodils have not yet bloomed - and you have regular flowers in bloom! amazing how different the climates are - and we are not that far apart (I am in Indiana, not somewhere out nothwest)

lovely spider picture - you can really see him - like a pix from a textbook. Our pixs are usually snakes - we live in a wooded area - we have them large enough to eat chipmunks.

JavaChick  – (10:47 AM)  

Eek. Spider. Ugh.

I'm jealous that you have started your garden already. It'll be another 6 - 8 weeks before I can start putting plants in the ground.

Foo  – (1:25 PM)  

I would have freaked to be in the same backyard as that woolie spider...ugh! - So jealous of your garden, the veggie list sounds perfect!

Kud  – (5:19 PM)  

I love these pictures and they look amazing. I personally am not afraid of spiders as long as they're not on top of me, or heading towards my face :D
I have a new blog that I decided to start to add more pictures and display more of my personality. YOu can find the link for that on Fabulously Fit. I'll stop by soon :D

Teresa  – (1:56 PM)  

Lucky you to be able to start your garden. We had a spinkling of snow the past two days and it is dull and cold. Everything is still brown.

I was at the Home Depot as well this weekend. Seems to be a pretty popular place every where.

Nice pictures can hardly wait to see how the bedroom turns out.

Anonymous –   – (9:30 AM)  

Great photos. I so live home decorating and remodeling. I need to plant my herbs soon.

Post a Comment