1 year closer to 40

today is my birthday (big 37) and so far, nothing traumatic has happened... i haven't read my annual "if you were born on this day" horoscope yet but will and i usually make a copy to put on my bulletin board, just to keep track of things that happen throughout the year... seems corny but that's just what i do... i'm sure you're wondering if i have any BIG plans for later and the answer is, no... i saw eric on sun/mon and we decided wednesday would be a good night for dinner (schedule reasons) and plans w/a girlfriend on thursday had to be rescheduled... am i pissed that i don't have plans? not really - birthdays are just another day in my book, no use getting my panties all in a bunch... if i was turning 16 or 21 - that would be another story... ;o)

i apologize for not posting - since last week, my life has just been a whirlwind... i was at here til almost 9:00 last thursday working on this black-tie invitation, and in tears for most of the time because the mailroom printed them wrong... i was able to save most of them but the fact of the matter is, they fucked up a pretty important job... friday, i went to my sister's so we could meet the funeral director and go thru all that stuff - it went surprisingly well though some stuff was just plain creepy... she also took me to lunch at this old, victorian house that has been converted into a bed & breakfast and i bought myself a new, silver ring at this tiny giftshop on the way home... :o)

while i was out there, i was able to spend some time w/my dad - he's doing good though i've accepted he no longer recognizes who i am... we did some exercises with hand-weights and i helped him w/lunch, also took a few strolls in the hallways as well as worked on a sudoku puzzle (okay, that was all me)... on the way home, i stopped at the veteran's cemetary and got all that taken care of - it really is a nice spot though it was quite cold and windy when i was there... i feel better knowing we have all this done, i can concentrate on making more of an effort to see him on a regular basis and now that spring is around the corner - i won't have to worry about snow!

food/exercise are slowly getting back on track and i'm certainly not expecting a loss tomorrow... but no worries - that's the least of my concern right now...

sorry for the lack of comments, i'll try and catch-up with everyone soon! :o)

happy tuesday...


Kim  – (1:43 PM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI!!!!!!!!! I hope that you have a great day. :)

Kate  – (2:30 PM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!

You know I never do much on my birthdays, for many years they just sucked, but now I kinda just enjoy making myself dinner, and having a quiet night.

Grumpy Chair  – (2:34 PM)  

Happy Birthday to you!

I hope you have a nice celebration tomorrow in honor of your 37th year!

I love to cut out my birthday horoscope too! My birthday somehow seemed so much cooler, when I found out that Steve Buscemi (the actor) has the same birthdate as me (different years though).

Martalu  – (3:18 PM)  

HOORAY! Happy Birthday! I used to have birthday weeks, but now it really is just another day. However, I do use it as an excuse to be EXTRA-nice to myself! Hope you do the same, and enjoy your dinner tomorrow!

Future Me  – (4:13 PM)  

Happy Birthday Jodi! I hope you have a wonderful day - week - month - year - well a wonderful everything!

Amanda  – (4:19 PM)  

happy birthday!!!!

Christina  – (4:53 PM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI WHOOT HOOT! All the best and enjoy!

Unknown  – (7:45 PM)  

Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous –   – (7:47 PM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HON!

Anne  – (9:34 PM)  

Happy Birthday my dear!!!
Hope you had a great day :)

Greta  – (7:04 AM)  

Happy Happy Birthday!! I LOVE those fruit displays- got one for my birthday last year. I'm not a big chocolate person but that fruit with the little bit on it...mmmmmm.

Too bad about work, that totally sucks. But nice that you got plans settled for your dad. :)

Shirls  – (9:37 AM)  

hey happy birthday girl, and yes you may be one year closer to 40 (and still a month younger than me) but I like to look at it this way, I'm a damn lot finer that I ever was at 32.. ;0)

Anonymous –   – (10:06 AM)  

Hey! We have the same birthday. I turned 33.

I hope your birthday was better than mine.

Sharla  – (11:07 AM)  

Happy Birthday!

The fruit looks yummy!

Teresa  – (11:18 AM)  

Happy Birthday to You, hope you have a wonderful year. Take care.

Foo  – (2:25 PM)  

Happy Birthday!!!

marie  – (9:05 AM)  

Ack! I missed it :(

Happy happy!

Post a Comment