under the weather (again)

this year has totally sucked for me cold-wise, i got sick yet again friday night on our way to pittsburgh... after driving thru a horrendous snowstorm and finally making it to his parents in one piece, i felt horrible - sore throat, swollen glands, etc.. by saturday, i was really feeling like crap so his mom gave me some zicam and vitamin-c and i pretty much stayed in my pajamas all day... i felt a little better yesterday but didn't have the energy to go to to work today so i called-in sick... eric went to work and i went back to sleep for a while until both cats decided it was time for me to get up - one would think they'd have something better to do but i guess not... :-p

since i had to get my RX filled, i picked up a few things at the store, and will be taking it easy for the rest of the day... i got the new WW magazine and plan on reading it even though i have been THE worst weightwatcher lately (sorry!)... between work, my dad, being sick, and getting the news from doctor last week - i am feeling pulled in too many directions... and as much as i want to lose these last few pounds, i think i need to concentrate on my health and mental well-being for a while... mind you, that doesn't mean that i'm going to disappear - i'm just going to reprioritize for a bit until i feel settled again...

happy monday...

p.s. i picked up one of these today so i'll let you know how it is... :-)


HappyBlogChick  – (1:32 PM)  

You *have* had a rough year! Sorry you're not feeling well, and I hope the rest of the year is much easier for you.

Somehow I missed your Friday post. I have an underactive thyroid (from Hashimoto's thyroiditis ... which I think is the technical term for jacked-up thyroid), and I'm on synthroid.

I do notice that I have a little bit more energy and my mood is a little better. It isn't earth shattering, but it helps. I did NOT notice that I suddenly had an easy time losing weight.

On the other hand, being off the meds may have made it easier to gain weight. About 6 years ago I went on it, then went off it because I thought it wasn't doing anything for me. I gained a lot of weight shortly after that (over time). Perhaps not medicating the thyroid issue contributed? Who knows.

Unknown  – (2:00 PM)  

You're such a smart gal Jodi. I think it's important to keep perspective and keep your priorities straight. What's most important right now is your health, both physical and mental, considering the challenges you've been facing lately.

Keep your chin up. Hope you're kicking this cold out the door soon!

*Bitch Cakes*  – (2:19 PM)  

Hello Jodi- Don't apologize for being a "bad WWer". We all have ebbs and flows in the journey- it's not about perfection, remember? Besides, I'm in a similar boat (seems we coincide with that a lot!)

Focus on getting better (mentally and physically) and enjoy that magazine. I was reading it at the gym over the weekend. There's a great macaroni recipe I want to try!

Sizzle  – (2:32 PM)  

I'm sick again too. This is the worst cold season ever! I hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon.

Kate  – (3:01 PM)  

You know I've been fighting a cold for the past two weeks and it sucks, I probably need to slow down to let it go away, but that just isn't happening. Sometimes you do need to reprioritize and take some time for yourself, and when your back to feeling like you....deal with those last few pounds. Feel better soon.

PS. I tried one of the flat breads the other day....and OMG yum!

Take One Stripper Pole  – (3:09 PM)  

Okay I am knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder, purelling like crazy ... all in an effort to not get sick. I think it is a wonderful idea for you to concentrate on your physical and mental well being for a while ... losing weight is hard enough ... why make it even harder. Take care of you! Hope you got lots of rest today!

Anonymous –   – (4:49 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous –   – (4:49 PM)  

Oh, I am sorry you are not feeling well. Take it easy. My entire family was sick this weekend. My poor daughter is still quite ill.

Grumpy Chair  – (8:32 PM)  

So sorry you are under the weather. I hope you stayed warm and got plenty of rest today.

Kim  – (10:28 PM)  

Hey Jodi - Sorry to hear that you're feeling so crummy again. :( Please take care of yourself. And please don't beat yourself up over those last couple of pounds. Just take it one thing at a time for now. :)
(HUGS!!)

Greta  – (7:58 AM)  

awww, you poor thing!! Do NOT apologize for being sick and for not being the best WWer. This is real life and sometimes certain things have to take a back seat. That does not mean you abandon what you know all together but it means you take care of what needs taking care of right now. You have a lot going on, better to focus your efforts on getting better (both the cold and your thyroid).
Hope you feel better REAL soon!!!

Carolyn  – (9:25 AM)  

Sick again? Oh dear! hope you are taking your mutlivatmins everyday! i find that helps me to fend off those nasty colds.

The flatbread melt loks sooo good. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Trish  – (9:55 AM)  

Eeek, jodi, hope you feel better and soon! I haven't gotten a cold yet this year (*knock on wood*) and I'm wondering if it was the flu shot I got. I know flus and colds are two different things but this season I have nothing which is refreshing...though I will admit that I love the low voice I get with a cold...kind of sexy :D

Teresa  – (10:29 AM)  

So sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Stress has a way of chipping at you. Time to snuggle up with a blanket, some to tea and try to relax. Feel better soon.

Rebecca  – (12:58 PM)  

the weather sure hasnt been helping either.

im know your doing the right thing by taking some time to figure things out.

JavaChick  – (10:29 AM)  

You are certainly not having an easy time of it lately. Hope you are feeling better!

Sharla  – (11:32 AM)  

Hope you feel better soon!

Post a Comment