TGIF

i've been avoiding this blog and what i'm doing to myself... i was in such a funk on wednesday that i skipped pilates, went home, and slept for 3 hours - perhaps i was more mentally exhausted then physically but either way, i needed it... i was depressed but probably angry w/myself more than anything, about being angry w/myself - if that makes any sense... i am not making the strides i should be, in order to see the results that i want and am tired of being frustrated, sad, and fed-up... i read/comment on several blogs and know its normal to gain one week and lose the next but i've been the same, damn weight for over a year... who am i kidding?!?!? if i was serious about losing weight, i would be serious about staying on plan, and certainly more serious about exercise but i haven't... i use excuses more than i should ("its raining, i'll be out of town, i'm tired...") and that has got to change... funny how i found this quote to be quite appropriate and exactly how i'm feel right now...

The successful man will profit from his mistakes
and try again in a different way.
~Dale Carnegie

we've all started, stopped, restarted, and revamped our diets (still hate that word but...) but what does OR what will it take for it to stick... what is going to make THIS time better than last time... why is it easier/harder this time around, compared to the last time... and why is it so much easier to give up and throw in the towel... i don't want to give up, i don't want to say that i tried but couldn't do it, and i certainly don't want to say "screw it, i'm done"... i want to be successful at this and i guess i just really haven't accepted that its going to be hard... very hard...

my first obstacle is to set some goals... i've had them in the past but i didn't hold myself accountable for them and that was my first mistake... i will create some goals that are related to both weight, food, and exercise and i'm going to work my ass off at achieving them... i will continue to read everyone's blogs and continue to be inspired and motivated by those who are succeeding at their own goals... for the few that comment here, i really appreciate the kind words and thank-you for not letting me give up... so yet another journey ends and another one begins, i'm kind of excited... :o)

have a great weekend...


Kim  – (11:49 AM)  

Oh Jodi,
Boy do I know how you feel!! Don't give up on yourself. You can do this. I know that you can!!

:)

Future Me  – (9:18 PM)  

Hi Jodi,

I'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch. I agree with Kim though, you can do this! I think your plan to set some goals is great; you should definitely post them here. Good luck!

~Les  – (10:51 PM)  

Great quote. Hon, I've SOOOOO been where you are, and it's just a bump in the road. You just keep at it and you'll be fine. I was just telling a friend the other day that my old WW leader's mantra was, "Good behavior will be rewarded." I believe that, and you should too! :0) Hang in there.

~Les

i i eee  – (3:44 PM)  

Man, the same weight for an entire year! That has to be uber frustrating!

I've been in a funk as well. But I think your goals sound great! Keep it up - and don't let a bleh phase get you down!

Askazombiehousewife  – (6:23 PM)  

Never give up never surrender.

I am so sorry to hear that I always enjoy reading your comments on my blog.




Maybe your making the plan harder than it should be

Post a Comment