TGIF

happy friday indeed! i'm so looking forward to this weekend since the weather will be much cooler but i'm not looking forward to being away from home, again... eric and i are headed to the cabin tonight and then plan on spending some time w/my dad tomorrow... after that, we're going back up to pittsburgh so he can bring back the motorcycle trailer - should be a slow ride home that's for sure (even slower if the bike was actually ON it)... so yes, i will be gone yet again but at least i have the next 3 weekends to look forward too (and then we leave for the beach!)... 23 MORE DAYS! :o)

i forgot to mention that i tried the 3rd new flavor of yoplait this week - pineapple upside down cake - and boy was it delicious... i really thought that it would be my least favorite but i have to say, it's top on my list - there were lots of pineapple chunks and it had a great flavor... i highly recommend trying them all... i also saw an ad for a new flavor of WW's yogurt - boston creme pie (which they stole from yoplait i'm sure) - has anyone tried that one? for 1 point - it's makes a great afternoon snack... :o)

i think it's been a while since i've shared some of my new, favorite websites so here's what i've been reading lately... enjoy!

the martha blog - always something tasty and beautiful to see here
team sugar - here you can customize your articles by interests
natalie dee - hilarious comics with a twisted sense of humor
kath eats real food - after losing 30 pounds, kath decides to go back to school to become a registered dietitian and shares some great photos and recipes
vita juice daily - a nice looking site with a lot of great links
food network addict - if you love this channel like me then you will love this site!

have a wonderful weekend everyone... :o)


Jean  – (10:17 AM)  

Hi! I've just discovered your blog, and have been enjoying reading through it. I'm also on a crusade to lose weight and take more care with how I dress, etc. I'll be looking to you for inspiration!

Kate  – (11:13 AM)  

I love your links. I am going to have to try the new yoplaits. I have always avoided them, because they were two points on WW's, but now that I'm not focusing on points, I'm gonna give them a whirl.

Enjoy your weekend!

Kelly  – (11:20 AM)  

thanks for the nice comment! i think we are doing pretty much the same thing. i can appreciate the WW structure for like a baseline - just so you know what you're eating in relation to what you can eat for the entire day but i think once you get passed that you can pretty much know if what you're eating is healthy or not.

sounds like you have a busy weekend! have fun at the cabin, that sounds cool. and i def have the strawberry shortcake & raspberry cheesecake yogurts in my fridge that i've been meaning to try. maybe i'll try that this weekend. upside down cake sounds delicious too!

angelfish24  – (12:40 AM)  

I've been so boring with the yogurt lately....just vanilla! I know, blah. Maybe I'll check out these new yogurts.
I'll have to try out the links you listed, they sound interesting.

Unknown  – (11:34 AM)  

Thanks for your comment about my dresss... as a fellow bargain hunter you'll appreciate the fact that while I saw it at Macy's months ago for over $200, I did not buy it and wound up finding it on ebay (worn once) for $20! =)
Wahoo!

I am so inspired by your gardening!
I think next summer I will give it a shot, as I can't imagine anything more satisfying than eating food you've grown yourself.
So cool.

Also - I've caught up on your posts and admire your sensible attitude towards the scale. As of late I've found myself re-chained to the device and hope that when I reach a comfortable weight I will have the sense to do what you've done!

Rebecca  – (9:41 PM)  

thanks for the comment jodi!

i really appreciate it.

Post a Comment