not for the squeamish

in prep for my vacation next week, i went for a bikini wax after work - i don't do this sort of thing on a regular basis but it's nice not to have to worry about shaving 'down there' while at the beach... anyway, there's a nail place on my way to the metro so i stopped by and the woman took me right away... i'm not shy when it comes to things like this, so hiking up my skirt and having a stranger wrap paper towels around my underwear isn't a big deal... i mean really, how many of these do you think she does in a day/week/month? anyway, it seemed to be going well and she even used the tweezers to catch any stragglers so i thought that was a good sign... 10-minutes later, she was done, and i was smooth as a baby's bottom... :o)

when i got to my car at the metro station, i did a quick check and low and behold - she had missed quite a bit plus it was uneven! WTF! i paid $35 for this uneven mess? i knew i should've checked before i left but no, i just wanted to pay, and be on my merry way... so being that i'm a perfectionist - i ran to the store and grabbed a wax kit to "fix" what she had missed... besides it not working very well, it really hurt so i had to rely on the old tweezers... now i'm sore but at least even on both sides now... moral of the story - when you go for a bikini wax, make sure the right side matches the left side... ;o)

happy hump day...

p.s. i only watched some of how to look good naked because i was watching the DNC...


JavaChick  – (9:24 PM)  

Oh. Ouch. Noted for future reference.

Ouch.

Kim  – (12:30 AM)  

Oh Jodi!!! I know it's not funny, but this made me laugh! I'm glad to hear that you have things "evened up" now, and I hope that you have a FABULOUS TIME on your vacation!!

carla  – (6:19 AM)  

and THATS why I dont go and get waxed,

not the pain---that sh** always seemed to happen to me.

MizFit

Vickie  – (6:42 AM)  

I have to tell you - I love a good waxing. To stay even - hold your underwear so that you determine the "line".

I started getting my eyebrows waxed so that I am never plucking individual hairs - I just "save them up" and go in and get it done.

I have had legs done - but as my hair is fine and blond - just not worth the $$$.

I had underarms done ONCE and the "after" was very painful - muscle like soreness - very deep and really hurt. don't know why.

have a great trip.

Carolyn  – (7:30 AM)  

Oh dear.
I hope you look back on this and laugh because I seriously had to hold back my giggles while reading this. Good to know though for future reference. I would have walked right out and not noticed a thing!

Kate  – (9:41 AM)  

I've never had a bikini wax, so I can only imagine the pain that goes along with it. But I'm with Carolyn I totally had to fight back the giggles when reading this.

And per your comment on my blog, no! your not harsh at all! you speak the truth woman!

Greta  – (10:19 AM)  

oh no, that totally sucks......I used to go regularly (it really is not that bad if you go all the time but its get so $$) and my woman always handed me a mirror before I got dressed. Sorry it did not go so well and the home based kit didn't work well. :(

Didn't Bill kick ass in his speech last night?

Teresa  – (2:01 PM)  

Thats too bad, you had to complete the mission yourself. Ouch!!! Have a wonderful holiday.

Sharla  – (10:43 PM)  

Oh, ouch!

Have great vacation!

Take One Stripper Pole  – (11:30 PM)  

Hope you are having a wonderful vacation! You could always go for the brazilian ... never have to worry about that being even or not. ;) I have to admit ... I am lucky and have a fabulous waxer ... makes all the difference in the world!!!!

angelfish24  – (1:09 PM)  

yikes! Sounds like some pain and bummer it wasn't even! I haven't gotten a wax before....thinking about it but uggghh.

Unknown  – (3:45 PM)  

Hahaha! Too funny!!

I say, next time, take the undies off and go for the Brazillian! No need to worry about uneven-ness! Haha! =)

Hope you enjoyed a LOVELY vacation!

Post a Comment