did you miss me?

i rejoined weight watchers (online) yesterday and couldn't be happier... there's something to be said about being accountable for what goes into your mouth - i somehow forgot how important that was... i wanted to wait until after the holidays and until after our trip to pittsburgh because i knew there would be no immediate obstacles in my way... i printed-out all the necessary info yesterday from their website (filling foods, etc.) and will slowly learn the new momentum plan, even though it doesn't seem THAT different to me... i have, however, gone down a point since last time so i'm at 21 for the day - it will take some adjusting and getting used too, esp. on the weekends, but i know i can do it... i did it before and i will do it again... :)

after getting home from our holiday weekend (which was great, by the way - got a 6-quart crockpot and a new canon printer/scanner/copier), i decided to try on some pants... well, it didn't take long before i was staring at myself in the mirror, crying, and wondering what had happened and why i had let myself go... there is no ONE answer really - looking at the few weigh-ins from late last year, i was steadily gaining since i officially stopped WW in july... but sometime around october - things just downhill and i never looked back (i blame the annual report for screwing up my workout/eating habits!)... then it was the holidays and even though i've been good in the past - i just did not have it in me to do anything about it... i was ignoring my body and i was ignoring my health, but i didn't care because i wasn't ready... for me - it's always been more of an emotional thing than a physical thing... i can workout 5 days a week and track what i'm eating but if my heart/mind isn't into it - i will fall by the wayside in no time... i know for some though, it's easy to get back on the saddle as if nothing happened but for me - i need time to think, time to plan, and time to get my shit together...

i haven't set any major goals besides getting down to a comfortable weight again (low- to mid-150s) and will start off small by getting to the 5% weightloss mark... i don't know how long it will take me but i'm determined to do this and to do this right... even though i'm embarrassed to tell you how much i've gained, i feel it's something i must do so here's a quick snapshot:

lowest weight of '08 (4/16) --> 153
highest weight of '08 (10/8) --> 161.6
highest weight of '09 (1/7) --> 169

ugh, that is such an ugly weight (for me) but i still know that numbers are numbers... they do not and will not determine who i am as a person, that i do know... i have learned, however, that being accountable and taking care of oneself is so VERY VERY important so if you take anything from today's post - remember to love yourself every single day... there should always be one person, on the top of your priority list, and that's YOU... :)

happy thursday...


Lori Lynn  – (9:41 AM)  

Yeah- I know the feeling. It's always been an emotional thing for me too. And for me, it's a hard feeling to realize that what you ate all of the sudden (well, not really), caught up with you and you're where you're at.

Rebecca  – (9:50 AM)  

first off, i love the new look!!!

secondly, you can and will do this!

i look forward to being on the sidelines cheering you on!

Carolyn  – (9:58 AM)  

Glad you had a great vacation! Can't wait to hear about all the great new recipes you'll come up with for your new crock pot....love those things!

I loved this post, very positive and inspiring! But I was shocked to see that you only get 21 points per day. Honestly, although I have been following the WW plan for the past 3 years, I have never actually attended a meeting or registered online. The WW books I have are from when my Mom joined probably 10 years ago. Now I'm worried that I am eating WAY too many points. The book I have says that between 150 and 175 lbs you eat 22 points a day.....has it changed???? It would explain why I was not losing any weight for sooo long. Fill me in Jodi!

Juice  – (12:00 PM)  

Love the new look. And I know you can get back down to happyville weight-wise. You've done it before and you will be successful again. Here's to a losing 2009!

Fatinah  – (1:36 PM)  

welcome back - you're going to kick butt, I know it!!

Melissa's Journey  – (1:42 PM)  

Hey Jodi! Thanks for commenting on my blog because it led me to yours!!! Sounds like we're re-starting WW together!

To answer your question - yup, I made the egg sammies ahead of time. I generally make up 3 or so on Sunday and then have them throughout the week because they last really well and reheat really well! ENJOY! They're very filling!

Teresa  – (2:04 PM)  

Welcome back to the wagon. Wishing all the luck for much success. Glad to see you had a good holiday. Love the new blog look.

Foo  – (2:23 PM)  

Jodi - I will tell you what I told my friend Jess who just went back to WW meetings. GOOD FOR YOU! Getting back on track when the number is less than 20 lbs...not waiting until it hit a scarier 50 like me. I'm proud of you for jumping back on board with things and I know that you will again have success. And yes...I missed you :o)

Kud  – (2:29 PM)  

Hey there!
I've been a lurker on your blog, having reading your blog for the past couple years. I think you're awesome, and seeing as how I go to college in Pittsburgh at Carnegie Mellon, I can relate to you on that extra level. haha.

The other thing we have in common is our weights and heights. I'm 5'7 and have weighed 170 on 1/1/09. Now i'm trying to be mindful of my eating and resolve to reach somewhere between 148-153. So in the same range. Hopefully we both can be successful at this journey together and I just wanted to holla my support! You go girl!!

Kelly  – (7:12 PM)  

thats awesome, i really do love WW. did they tell you about the momentum plan, how does it work??

p.s. love the new layout!

Kim  – (9:10 PM)  

It's great to see you all excited about getting back to ww!! :) You're going to do awesome!!

p.s.
Love the new look of the blog! :)

Kate  – (4:15 AM)  

I'm back on the WW wagon too - I've been away from healthy eating for too long and need a bit more focus as to what goes in my mouth I think.

You sound like you're got a really good positive mindframe.

Kate  – (8:20 AM)  

Congrats on joining weight watchers online, and taking control of your weight again, I know you'll be back to a comfortable weight in no time.

I also recently joined up, I gained about 5 over the holidays, and lost a little doing the master cleanse, but wanted to get structure back to myself, and keep it off, so I'll be doing it with you!

You can do it!

JavaChick  – (10:07 AM)  

I sort of gave up for a while there last year as well. I was still exercising, but the eating part went right out the window. But I feel like I'm ready to get back on track now and I'm feeling pretty positive about things.

Best of luck to you - You've done it before, I'm sure you can do it again!

Anonymous –   – (10:07 AM)  

I love the new design...very feminine.

I have re-committed myself to SparkPeople, meaning I log in everything I eat. Recommitting yourself to you is the best thing you can do.

Unknown  – (12:28 PM)  

You've overcome the hardest part - the figuring out WHY. Yeah, the actual DOING is tough, too, but like you said, you did it before, you'll do it again. It's all about puttin' on the big girl panties (or thong, if that's what you prefer :)).

Trish  – (1:37 PM)  

Well see, at least you caught it now and not 40lbs later :(

You'll be back in no time jodi - you're good like that :)

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment