weigh-in


those 1.4 pounds that i gained last week are gone so i'm pretty happy about that... now keeping them off is another story, ha! i tried to go running last night but only managed 20-minutes on the treadmill (too hot outside) and i didn't want to force myself... i was just NOT in the mood, ever have one of those days? it was just not going to happen so i went to the store instead, made some dinner, and tried to work on my internet connection (which is still not working)... hopefully eric can figure out what's wrong because i can't stand not being able to get online... :-(

since i've been unable to get online, i haven't been able to post pictures from the wedding but for some reason - i was able to get them uploaded to my shutterfly account before things got wonky... here's the link if you'd like to see them - there's a bunch from the rehearsal, dinner, pre-wedding, and reception so enjoy! :o)

for those of you who are WW-friendly, how many of you have tried core? i know the basics but am not quite sure i understand how the non-core stuff works - do you just keep track of those points and not the other stuff? for those that have tried it - did you like/hate it? i'm just going thru the usual, "should i do something different?" phase... ;o)

happy hump day...


marie  – (9:56 AM)  

those pics are soo nice! you looked fab!

I'm not a core girl, but i believe you get 35 flex to use on non-core goodies in addition to your whole grains, fruits, veggies and lean meats. a lot of people swear by it and are so glad to never have to count again. it scares me because i don't really have a full sensor and would be eating whole pots of whole wheat pasta with lean ground turkey and veggies no problem!

Unknown  – (10:02 AM)  

Those pics are great! Seems like you had an incredible time and you looked fab!

Though I've been out of the WW loop for some time now, I think core is fairly similar to the South Beach Diet - whole grain, high fiber, low GI foods, I found it very satisfying, but you know how this dieting stuff is - different for everyone!

Greta  – (10:33 AM)  

Ok, that has GOT to be the best looking wedding party I have ever seen!! You all look GORGEOUS!! You look fabu in your dress!! And I love the pic of you and Eric where your eyes are closed and he's giving you a little kiss on the cheek....so sweet.

And nice job on the loss!!! Wish I had some words for you about Core. The whole "eat till your almost full" thing always scared me. Good luck!

Candace MacPherson  – (10:49 AM)  

Great pics. You look awesome!

I tried Core while on vacation - a little wonky maybe. People always say: If you want some freedom, try flex; but I wanted freedom from journaling and counting. I finally felt that I was 'safe' with knowing when I was full.
Basically, I just looked at menu options from the book we got in week 1 and went from that. I found that filling up a 'bread' plate left me satisfied. Great if you're in charge of cooking.
Bad part: suddenly after 1 week, someone else was cooking. I switched back to flex, but it was all estimates until I got back to work this past Monday. Scared to go to WI tonight!

Cory  – (10:52 AM)  

Congrats on the loss this week. That's fantastic!

pastgirl  – (12:10 PM)  

I tried Core and loved the kinds of food I was eating – it really cleaned up my diet and I felt more satisfied/full when sticking to core foods. My diet was pretty clean to begin with but core got rid of sugary treats and other stuff (too much bread) that would find its way in there. I was not super successful with controlling my portions so now I'm eating mostly core foods but counting points for everything. On core, you only count points for non-core foods. Do some experimenting – if nothing else you might work some new foods into your repetoire!

Anne  – (12:27 PM)  

Congrats on the loss and you looked amazing at the wedding!

Core - I've never done it, but I hear it's great! I just know that I would used up all those 35 pts in the first day or something! Flex is easier for me.

WeightBGone  – (10:19 PM)  

Congrats on the weight loss. Great job!!

You look beautiful in the pics!

Kim  – (12:03 AM)  

Way to go on the loss!! You look so pretty in all of those pictues!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Paige  – (7:39 AM)  

awesome pictures!
i have to tell you, you look awesome! to me you don't look over weight at all, you look great!!

Askazombiehousewife  – (5:30 PM)  

With the core plan you count all non core foods. You should be given a weekly amount of points for non core foods.
All core foods are free.
Some people like to make core baked goods but from what core people have written me they either taste yucky or can lead to binges.

Chris H  – (5:31 PM)  

I took one look at the core and decided No, not for me! Not sure why now, but the normal programme worked for me so why change it? Oh yes, and I think it had something to do with learning to know when you were full, and that is not possible for me, I am never full !

Candace MacPherson  – (7:40 AM)  

Hi Jodi,
Thanks for the comment on my blog - and congrats on your loss, too.
The 16 points are attributable to my weight only. The others, due to the other factors such as sitting on my butt all day and being female and all add up to 6 for a grand total of 22. Even if my points did all add up to 16, I think WW requires you to eat a minimum of 18/day. Thanks for the concern and sorry to confuse.

Post a Comment