good thing i'm not afraid of needles

so i had my pre-op blood work and physical this morning, and just got a call from my doctor saying i have to come back in because he forgot to do one test... awesome! now i have to go back in tomorrow, before work, to have it done - hopefully i won't be too late (which i hate)... i stopped at starbucks on the way to the office and just had my low-sugar oatmeal with sliced almonds, raisins, and banana - it was yummy! =)

since i was home on monday (president's day), i made good use of my morning and tried 2 of my new, mari winsor pilates DVDs... the setup was very quick and since she uses this new "reformer" bar, it takes some prep-work which i'll have to note for next time... i did (2) 20-minute workouts and i think once i get a handle on the bar - i will be more efficient at the exercises, but man do my abs hurt... holy cow... both my sides and lower-abs are extremely sore and i know that's a good thing, but good grief - it hurts to laugh... i still have 3 more DVDs to try before my surgery, then i'll know which ones i'll be able to do w/out putting too much stress on my foot... =(

what else have i been up too? i ordered the book "the south beach supercharged" and will need to get that read before my surgery... i have decided that i'm going to do low-carb for a while esp. since i will be very limited to what sort of exercise i can do, and my eating habits as of late - well, they suck... i could eat pasta everyday, along with bread and crackers, and god forbid that i have coffee without cream and sugar... it's not healthy and i can feel the toll it's taking on my body... i hate the way i feel, i'm uncomfortable, and i'm run-down, so that's my plan and i'm sticking to it... =p

if there's one thing that i have learned over the years, is that i need structure in order to succeed... if i look back over my weightloss rollercoaser, the times that i was OP - i was doing great... and the times that i was 'doing my own thing' or taking a break, i would do fine for a while but then it would just go downhill again... soon days turn into weeks, and then weeks turn into months - and voila, you're not where you want to be (again)... i love WW but feel it's time to try something else right now... i know it's a great plan and know not everyone is pro low-carb, but i just need a nudge and something to get me going again... i want to have energy and be happy, and i don't remember what that feels like (which is scary)... i can read motivational/inspirational blogs til my eyes bleed, but until i feel that i am making a difference for myself - it's not going to matter... i need to do this for ME... =)

happy hump day...


Teresa  – (10:43 AM)  

Good luck with the up coming operation. Its wonderful that you are being so proactive. Looks like you got things under control. Hope you don't have to waste too much of your time back at the Dr's. All the best.

Vickie  – (4:04 PM)  

I have to REALLY watch my carbs so I identify with what you are saying. and I still watch my fat and make sure that it is healthy fat. (So not low carbing it in the sense of pass me a slab of cheese and steak.) I think a lot of people hear 'low carb' and think unhealthy. but it can be done in a very healthy, whole foods, balanced, way.

Maybe I am low carb and low fat. . .I am definitely high veggies!

louiserun  – (7:55 PM)  

A book you might want to look at called"The last 15" by Dr.Joey Shulman which is quite good. She has developed a program that is for the first 30 days and then a second program following that. She limits grains/bread to one serving and 2 fruits per day plus vegetables and proteins. She also suggests 200 mg of chromium per day. She has a newsletter - just google her. I like her philosophy.

http:lifeisgood-louiserun.blogspot.com

Lori  – (8:50 PM)  

I think a part of losing weight is trying different things to find what works for you. Or what combo works for you.

There are going to be times when you need to change things for whatever course you are taking at that moment and there is nothing wrong with that!

Post a Comment