mondays suck

this week will be my last before surgery on friday, and it will be a busy one! there's so much going on with our annual meeting because it's now 4 conferences-in-one, which means 4x the work... all i have to look forward too is going on our much-needed honeymoon once it's all over - sometime in mid-may... =)

we had a productive weekend and am happy to report that we found a mattress at macy's on saturday... not only was it highly rated by consumers that bought it, it was half-price! yes, it's the floor-model but seriously - why pay $1200 when you can pay $600! they only keep them on the floor for 6-months and it's in near-perfect condition... it has a firm side (for eric) and a plus side (for me) but actually - there's not that much difference between the two, so we can still rotate it every 6-months... i am so happy and can't wait to have this weekend! =)

on saturday night, we had some friends over for dinner - eric made 2 kinds of quiche and i made spinach manicotti with homemade sauce, thank you very much... it was very tasty and i'm looking forward to having leftovers for dinner tonight... on sunday, i was extremely lazy and pretty much vedged-out on the couch all day while eric tinkered in his office, working on a new web-server... i did some laundry but had cleaned a lot on saturday, so i felt i had a good excuse to do nothing... we watched the USA/Canada hockey game last night, which was great, and then eric got into watching curling so i went to bed...

i got my south beach book today and i have much to read before friday... i don't plan on starting until next week so i can give myself the weekend to feel semi-normal after surgery, but will need to go to the store and stock-up on healthy stuff...

well, that's it for me - hope you're having a great monday! =)


Teresa  – (11:52 AM)  

Hope the week isn't too stressful. Good luck with the surgery. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Hope you sleep well on your new mattress.

Sizzle  – (12:12 PM)  

South Beach is a way of life for me now and I can't speak highly enough about it. I hope it works for you!

Vickie  – (6:47 AM)  

talk to your doctor.

my guess is that he will think healthy food is great.

My guess is that he will not want you 'dieting' in anyway during the time your body needs to heal itself.

I think the rule of thumb is one full month of recovery.

but that is not to say that you need to eat non-foods or masses of carbs or the like. But it is to say - NO restricting calories.

Eat a lot of good quality foods - veggies, fruit, lean meats, etc.

I had one of my surgeries during my weight loss years (and held my weight for my 3 mos of recovery - it was a full 3 mos of NO exercise of any type).

And then my second surgery was during my first round of maintenance. And I held my weight then too.

And that surgery is what aggrevated my lower back so I came out of a few weeks recover and went right into Physical therapy and learning to work my body around my back.

My surgeries were actually very helpful to me - took care of two chronic conditions that were really holding me back. And the time I spent HOLDING my weight was really helpful.

To this day, I think, if I could do it then, when I was very green behind the ears and new to all of this - I can do it now.

And if I do not 'talk' to you before - good luck with all of this!

Teresa  – (10:09 AM)  

Wishing you a speedy recover. All the best.

Post a Comment