le sigh

it's back to work for me today and i'm glad because my eating has sucked big-time and my exercise has been null and void since last week... i always have really good intentions, as we all do, but it never works out the way i planned and then it keeps snowballing... having a week-off was great though - i got all my decorating done and got plenty of R&R so coming back hasn't been that hard... i actually came in early to hang christmas lights around our office doors - they always seem to put people in a better mood... :o)

our thanksgiving trip was fun - we delivered the daybed to his brother and then helped-out around his parent's house before leaving for state college on wednesday... the family stays at one hotel so we can hang-out together before and after the big dinner on thursday... the count was around 85 this year and there's always enough food for double that amount - i only when thru the line once and took teensy-tiny pieces of maybe 3 desserts, so it wasn't that bad... but later - out came the potato chips, cheese-its, nuts, chocolate covered pretzels, and beer - so much for staying healthy... i had also had my share of gas station cappuccinos - i often wonder how much sugar is one cup because it has to be A LOT! we were back in town on friday and i spent a quite night at home with the kitty...

on saturday - my mom and i met up with my sister and nieces in ellicott city, which has a ton of antique stores and artsty-type shops... the weather was nice, though chilly, so i didn't mind walking around (exercise! yay!)... we had lunch at a local diner and then headed to the columbia mall which was a JOKE - between parking and the crowds, it really turned me off to holiday shopping... thank god i don't have to buy for a lot of people because dealing w/that would drive me insane, and to think i used to work in retail! crazy!

yesterday, i enjoyed a nice sleep-in and then went over to eric's to watch the redskins lose, yet another football game... i'm hating them right now so i will be routing for the steelers on monday night football... :o)

eating is back on track today and i'm looking forward to a nice, long run on the treadmill... wednesday's weigh-in will not be pretty, i already know this, and i'm not going to starve myself or do anything crazy to help the scale... what happens, happens and i'm not going to worry about it - whatever i gain, i will lose again... end of story... :o)

happy monday...


Unknown  – (10:06 AM)  

Jodi, you're so sensible! I admire your attitude - that you're not going to starve yourself or do anything silly to alter the outcome of your weigh-in becuase you know you'll lose it eventually anyway. See - I know this is the logical plan, and yet, whenever I've done formal weigh-ins, I often resort to some stupid starvation ritual. Anyway, pats on the back for you.

Anne  – (11:53 AM)  

You do have a great attitude. I wish I could think like that all the time, I do sometimes, but I need to more.

Sounds like you had a great holiday! I also put my decorations up this weekend. Everything but the tree, we get a real one around the middle of Dec.

Colette  – (12:15 PM)  

I like the way you think girl! I am with you 100% on that one. Why make yourself miserable for a couple days of indulging!!

I got back on the wagon today along with EVERYONE else it seems!!! LOL
Have a great week!!

PearShapedGirl  – (4:24 PM)  

Hi Jodi, I'm back! Glad to hear that you had such a nice holiday weekend. Having a big family get-together like that sounds amazing. Anyway, best of luck getting back on that treadmill...

Take care,
PSG

Kelly  – (5:20 PM)  

i'm with you....i always have good intentions but when i see my mom's guacamole all my intentions go out the window.

all we can do is keep trying, ya know?

Chris H  – (9:20 PM)  

"whatever I gain, I will lose again".... love the attitude!

Candace MacPherson  – (8:36 AM)  

Hi Jodi, Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I am not inclined to shopping and tend to do the majority of my Christmas purchases on-line with free at-home delivery. Ahhh, the joys of technology.

John  – (3:42 PM)  

i dig the pepe le pew reference!

Post a Comment