weigh-in

since my last weigh-in, 2.6 pounds have found their way back and though i'm not thrilled, i'm not upset about it either... it's very important to be honest with yourself on this weightloss journey because if you aren't, you're in for some surprises along the way... kidding yourself that a bite here, and a bite there isn't going to hurt - is only going to bite you in the ass later (bad pun, sorry)... and if you're even THINKING about not going for that walk/jog today, don't do it - just 30 minutes will put you in better spirits and your body will thank you... :o)

so besides not exercising, i was not accountable for what i was eating, and probably indulged way too many times, so seeing a gain, isn't that much of a surprise... if anything, it just makes me more determined to stay on track throughout the holidays so this gain, doesn't turn into 5 or even 10 pounds... i'm lucky that i don't have any holiday parties to go too (besides work and i can chose my meal) so i'm not worried that i can at least maintain my weight, if not lose what i've gained and then some... it all comes down to what YOU want to achieve this holiday season - being honest w/yourself is the best way to get thru it... :o)

happy hump day...


marie  – (9:08 AM)  

I'm joining you on that walk/run today :)

That 2.6 will be gone in no time!

Dee  – (10:11 AM)  

A gain sucks, but at least it's given you some drive to be in control over the holiday season!

Kim  – (10:51 AM)  

I think that you have hit the nail on the head. It's WAY too easy to put weightloss on the back burner during the holidays. But the truth is that it just isn't worth all the ground you have to make up if you let it get out of control!! You have caught your little gain as it happened and will have it off in no time at all. I have every confidence in you!!! :)

Sizzle  – (11:59 AM)  

being honest is the best way! true!

Candace MacPherson  – (2:15 PM)  

Jodi, I love your attitude. Moreso, I love the way you always give yourself a little kick and get back on track. BTW, I've been picking up clothes (pants, sweaters) that accent my new body, lol. Today I bought 10 sweaters - and I couldn't have worn any of them this time last year. They were having a $1 sweater sale - YEAH! As they say, "Clothes make the girl". Yeah on your NSV!

Candace MacPherson  – (2:15 PM)  

Jodi, I love your attitude. Moreso, I love the way you always give yourself a little kick and get back on track. BTW, I've been picking up clothes (pants, sweaters) that accent my new body, lol. Today I bought 10 sweaters - and I couldn't have worn any of them this time last year. They were having a $1 sweater sale - YEAH! As they say, "Clothes make the girl". Yeah on your NSV!

Sarah  – (3:32 PM)  

that's right! i get feelings of skipping a workout, then just do it...and afterwards, i say "WOW! i feel amazing...what on earth was i thinking earlier?" and sets the tone for the rest of the day. thanks for the encouragement and way to keep a good attitude!

Anonymous –   – (5:04 PM)  

good for you, taking it all in stride. that's what life is all about!

Martalu  – (6:08 PM)  

"...if you're even THINKING about not going for that walk/jog today, don't do it..." I thought about this when I contemplated skipping my jog. I'm glad I didn't skip. You're right. It was just what I needed!

You are so going to make those 2.6 lbs. rue the day they ever found their way to you!

Anne  – (9:20 PM)  

You have such a great attitude. That gain will be gone in no time.

Unknown  – (10:44 AM)  

As for your NSV yesterday... YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

As for the gain - I think it is important to be honest with yourself. You're a very sensible woman!

Askazombiehousewife  – (6:47 PM)  

You have such a good outlook

Carolyn  – (7:57 PM)  

Kudos to you for being HONEST! How many times have I looked at the scale and though "Where in theHELL did that 2 lbs come from???" but then I sit down and think it all out and realize I had an extra bagle on that day, and an extra chocolate bar on the other day.

I just love your attitude!

Kate  – (10:15 AM)  

Your so right about being honest with yourself over a gain! With Thanksgiving this week, I'm sure it was just that, and the weight will come off in no time!

Post a Comment