weigh-in wednesday



last week: 164.4
this week: 163.2
loss: -1.2

i've changed my weigh-in to wednesdays - it just seems to make more sense with my schedule, plus having a few days after a possible high-point weekend really helps... i thought i would go overboard at the garden party but because there were so many family members there plus friends w/kids, i was too busy to eat and drink since i was being "hostess with the mostess"... i kept getting a drink and then would walk away and forget i had one, and then start all over - i probably appeared drunk but i never even got close... all in all, it was a success - our moms got along swell, my brother came and was a hit w/all my friends - they now see where my sense of humor comes from, we're like our dad... all the food i made was gone quickly too and at one point, there was a line coming out of the garage just to eat! okay, so maybe it was the hamburgers made from grass-fed cows from eric's family's farm in pittsburgh, but my potato salad was GONE by the end of the night... it was a lot of hard work, time, and money but well worth it in the end... :o)

one of my girlfriends at the party kept calling me skinny-minny and i'd say, "no i'm not" and she'd go, "yes, you are - do you not take compliments very well? you were much bigger when i met you"... and i think back and according to the scale, i'm like at LEAST 10 pounds heavier than i was when i was doing atkins 2 years ago... and the only thing i can attribute it too, is weightlifting - it has totally changed how my body looks... yea, its hard work and there are some days where i REALLY don't feel like doing it but i do, and as i go thru each set - i feel better and more energized... i have an appt. w/the trainer on friday for my new workout - its always good to switch things up after 2 months so your body doesn't get accustomed to the same thing... variation is the key, my friends, that's the only way you're going to see progress...

and since i've lost in the past two weeks, i think the flex plan is working for me... it probably doesn't hurt that i've started spinning again and trying to jog more during the week so i'm going to keep that up... i've lost track of the challenge since i was so busy w/everything - i will probably start a new one on august 1, if i think i need too... i've already made my 5 pound goal so that's pretty cool... yay me!!! :o)

happy hump day...


Bex  – (12:00 PM)  

Awesome, Jodi!
Congratulations on the loss! You are rocking it!

Ro  – (12:14 PM)  

Congrats! Work it out!
I was jumping up and down in my seat because I was just thinking last night that I should move my weigh days to the middle of the week. I think I will try that next week.

Have a great day!

~Les  – (1:57 PM)  

Congrats on the loss, sister! :0) And I'm glad the party was a success, too.

~Les

Lily T  – (12:43 AM)  

Hey! My weigh in is also on Wednesday. I just thought that it would be easy for me to remember because it started with a W like "weigh-in".

Congratulations on everything. Looks like you're doing really well.

Post a Comment