i am whole again

today was my appt. with the foot doctor and instead of hearing "let's keep them in a bit longer" like i was expecting - he told me, "its been 5 weeks, your toes look nice and straight so lets get these things out"... i was so happy, i didn't even care that it hurt when he pulled them out (he said it wouldn't, HA!) and of course i asked when i can start exercising again... his reply was that i should wait a good 2 months before i do any treadmill work but now i'm wondering if the eliptical counts... either way, i can wear normal shoes again AND take a shower so its been a great day... :o)

on the not-so-great news, i have been eating like crap - going to my sister's is always hard because there is food galore (and thanks mom, for making a cornflake wreath, ugh!)... it also snowed over 14" while we were there so there wasn't much to do besides hang-out, read some magazines, and watch tv... my niece helped me organize some drawers in their kitchen and i also put together this cute shelf with cubbies that i got for her bday...

i also stopped by to see my dad twice - he's doing much better than when i saw him in january but now his head leans to one side... we tried to play the game connect four but he had trouble focusing and had trouble getting the coins in the right slot (we used to play that when i was little, along with UNO and boggle)... i try and keep a positive outlook but seeing him is so difficult sometimes esp. when there's nothing i can do to make it better...

not much else is going on... i'm trying to get thru 'you on a diet' but can't seem to focus for some reason - maybe its all the science-talk that bores me... i have felt so out of sorts lately and really need a gameplan so i can get back on track... so many of you are totally kicking-ass w/weightloss and i think that's awesome - you are my heros... i need to find my mojo again so that's my goal for the week... i was even back to counting points today but then stopped at trader joe's on the way home for a few things and couldn't pass up their 3-cheese pizza... one of these days i'll learn...

happy tuesday...


Sizzle  – (8:47 PM)  

mmm three cheese pizza. for me, it's a constant recommitment to myself as far as exercising (which i can hardly get myself to do) and eating right (i seem to have hit a groove). you'll get back on track. don't beat yourself up.

congrats on being able to wear regular shoes and shower- that's got to feel fantastic!

Anne  – (9:01 PM)  

You'll get back on track..I'm sending some mojo your way ok?!

Kim L  – (9:35 PM)  

You're such an inspiration to me with going back to the workout after your surgery. Has it really been five weeks?
You'll get back to it. Take your time. You've been through a lot!

Future Me  – (10:36 PM)  

I know what you mean about not being able to find your mojo. I've been struggling so much. I finally caved and started tracking my food with the free trial of WW online and so far, it's really helping. It's only been two days but I hope I can keep it up. I'm sending good vibes your way!

Vickie  – (10:12 AM)  

I am wondering if you would be okay on elliptical going backwards - because I think all the "work/movement" is in your heels/calves then and not your toes ??????

Kim  – (2:25 PM)  

Congrats on being set free from the boot!! :)

I'm sure that you will be finding your mojo soon. It can run, but it can't hide!! :)

i i eee  – (2:35 PM)  

Sounds like you deserved the 3 cheese pizza. I know we shouldn't reward ourselves with food, but really, life is just a little bit better with a little 3 cheese pizza in our lives. :)

I'm so sorry about your dad. That must be quite heartbreaking.

Congrats on getting the pins taken out! And yay for being able to shower again!!

Twisted Cinderella  – (9:40 AM)  

I am so glad that you are free! That is wonderful It must be such a relief!

Post a Comment