ok, who made the valentine's day cookies?

here is the dress my girlfriend picked for her bridesmaids - i'm not sure how i feel about it since i wasn't there to try it on and have no idea how its going to fit me... the color is 'wine' and its also the same material as her dress so i'm guessing that's why she went w/something a bit more flowy - and strapless! holy moly, good thing they're going to put straps on this dress cus i have nothing to hold it up... and i will definitely have to lose at least 10-15 more pounds if i want to look svelt in this thing by august... :o)

and speaking of svelt, i certainly didn't feel that way on saturday - eric and i totally overdid the dinner thing (so much for being healthy)... i had crab dip w/warm sourdough bread, ribs w/green beans and smashed potatoes, AND an apple dumpling for dessert... oh, and two glasses of wine beforehand... we haven't eaten like that in a long time and have no plans on doing that again anytime soon... the movie 'pan's labyrinth' was really really good so i highly recommend it, if you're into dark, adult-fairytale type stories...

other than making ourselves sick, my weekend was pretty lowkey... we did the usual catch-up on all the weekly shows as well as watched alien resurrection and that's about it... i had to do a spay/neuter flyer for my sister (she's president of her local humane society) and i'll also be helping my mom this week with some work (sucks to be the designer in the family sometimes)...

attention all oprah fans: in her march issue, there's an article about blogging for weightloss... i haven't read it yet but was watching renee's video post last night and she mentioned being in it, how cool is that??!? we're finally getting noticed out there so keep up the great work... :o)

AND its snowing right now, can't wait for the commute home - its going to be so much fun... maybe they'll let us go home early, at least those that rely on public transportation (one can dream, right?)... :-p

happy tuesday...


Marathon Someday  – (6:39 PM)  

That's a really pretty dress! I'm sure you'll look great in it. Is that the colour she chose as well?

And as for overdoing things this weekend, that seems to be the theme of this Monday. I had a bit of a nacho and cookie fest with my hubby on Saturday night.

Back on track today, though!

Greta  – (9:22 AM)  

I LOVE the dress. I think you will look FABU in this!
And I love crab dip. mmmmmm, crab dip. That and cheese fondue. Ok, not the healthiest choices. but oh so good.

Kim  – (10:26 AM)  

I agree that you are going to look awesome in that dress!! August is pleanty of time for you to be ready to rock it. :)

The snow is coming down steady here too. We're bunked in for the day. I hope that you do get to go home early - drive safely!!

Ro  – (12:12 PM)  

Cute Dress Jodi.
I have to wear a big green one in my boyfriends friend wedding so hey it could be worse :)

Have a great VDay!

Weight Master  – (5:01 PM)  

I like the dress. It doesn't hurt to overdo it once in a blue moon. Just offset it with plenty of exercise. That's really cool about Renee's blog.

Askazombiehousewife  – (8:33 PM)  

The color will look nice on you.
I like to wear dresses with some sleves though. :-)

Anne  – (9:10 PM)  

I think you'll look fabulous!

We were bad this weekend too if it makes you feel better...

Sally JPA  – (10:10 PM)  

Ooh, that is a gorgeous dress.

I wish the weight-loss blogging article had been a little more in-depth. It was definitely a beginner's course!

Sizzle  – (10:47 AM)  

that dress is beautiful BUT what i love is when the bride let's the women in her wedding party pick the style that suits their figures so no one has to feel left out or unattractive.

Post a Comment