i'm free... i'm FREE...

eric, being the wonderful boyfriend that he is, came over last night and dug my car out of the ice and snow... thanks to the snowplow, i had a 2 foot wall of solid ice keeping me from leaving so he used his trusty digging bar to breakup the chunks and we were good to go in about 30 minutes... it was VERY cold and my toes were frozen when were done but my car was free and that's all that mattered... i treated him to dinner at our favorite thai place - warm tea and green curry does the trick every time! :o)

a coworker of mine came to tell me that she just bought a bunch of videos off this website and after a few weeks of doing some toning exercises, her pants are much looser... i have been slacking ladies and haven't done pilates in over 2 weeks and am sick of the stationary bike, even though that's all i can do right now... i know i should get up early and do SOMEthing but its cold and its dark and i hate it - if it was lighter outside and warmer, it would be easy to get up, go for a walk, and be done with it... have you noticed how good i am at making excuses? blech...

i know i should stop worrying and just wait til my foot is okay but its beginning to bug me... every morning i wonder if my pants are going to be too tight (so far so good) but there's not much i can do... i sort of feel helpless and yea, i've been doing my weights which is great but i can't believe i'm saying this - I MISS CARDIO and the feeling i have when i'm done w/a workout... this "i can't exercise so why bother watching what i'm eating" mentality is scary and i don't like it because its too easy to just let things go... i know i'm just freaking out and when things are back to normal, i'll be better but i just had to admit that i haven't been perfect as some of you may thought (sorry!)... there's an article in the weekend section today about area bootcamps, maybe i should try one of those (esp. since i didn't signup for pilates) - classes are 3/week for an hour from 6-7am... or maybe i just need a vacation... :o)

my weekend will be spent w/my mom and we're heading to my sister's for the extra long holiday weekend... i haven't seen my dad since january so i'm anxious to see him and see how he's doing, and also to see my nieces and all the animals (1 dog, 4 cats, and 1 hamster)... she said they may have snow but that's nothing new - they get snow all the time up until april which is crazy... eric will be watching max for me so he'll have fun w/the kitties and can watch all the battlestar galatica he wants (he's become a huge fan)...

have a great weekend...

p.s. thank-you for all the wonderful valentine's day comments... :o)



i i eee  – (2:01 PM)  

Oh that Battlestar Galactica. So addicting.

I say cold weather is ALWAYS a good excuse! I think we should all just hibernate for the wintertime. The cold weather blows.

Don't worry about not being perfect. And for crying out loud woman! You have a good excuse! Having surgery is no minor dealio. So don't beat yourself up about it. You'll be back to top form in no time, I'm sure of it!

Let yourself heal. :)

Have a nice weekend!

Joan  – (8:52 PM)  

I've just discovered your blog and you are one confident woman listing your weight for all to see. Even my husband doesn't know how much I weigh! I too am on a quest to lose a "few" pounds. Hopefully your journey will motivate me to start on mine!

Askazombiehousewife  – (11:43 PM)  

MAybe you need something new and fun that you can do indoors.

Rebecca  – (5:44 PM)  

i meant to tell you that the dress is gonna be gorgous..with or without a few extra lbs lost!!!

so glad to hear your feeling better and free from the snow!!!

where in the hell is spring?!

Christen  – (2:37 PM)  

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I just came across your blog and am really enjoying your posts!

Post a Comment