at least i can still see

my weekend was good but it could've been better... i was weeding in one of eric's flowerbeds on saturday and while bending down, i got poked in the eye with something... it hurt like a motherf*cker and after rubbing it and putting eye drops in it all day (and sitting thru 'ratatouille') - eric came to the rescue and made me an eye-patch... i know, sexy, right? i think he just wanted to play the 'doctor/patient' game... anyway, it helped but i still found myself trying to open my eye so half the time, i had my hand over the patch too... since i couldn't read or watch tv, he read me stephen king's short story 1408 and now i REALLY can't wait to see the movie - its really scary... my eye is back to normal today but man, that was NO fun at all... :o(



not much else is going on, work has been shit today, AND i didn't go to the gym (see #2)...

i hate mondays...


Amanda  – (3:15 PM)  

aw, sorry about your eye!! i hope you feel better!

Anne  – (3:24 PM)  

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better soon! Take care xo

Anonymous –   – (3:50 PM)  

You poor thing -- you look like you feel miserable! Take care and get better soon :)

Kate  – (4:00 PM)  

That's a stylish eye patch you have there! Slick looking!

Glad to hear your feeling better, I hate Monday's too!

J. Ross  – (4:02 PM)  

OUCH! Glad it's better today. It sounds like the week could only get better :o) .

Anonymous –   – (4:16 PM)  

Wow, that thing looked horrible! Glad it is better now. And I cannot wait to 1408 either. Love a good thriller and John Cusack ;)

Foo  – (5:01 PM)  

UGH, I did the same thing while putting in the backyard landscaping. I came down on a pointy plant and holy hell it hurt like a mother. Glad Eric came to the rescue. Yes, go see 1408, it was great!
Foo

Sizzle  – (5:54 PM)  

i'm glad your eye is better. that patch reminds me of being 5 and how i had to wear a patch on my eye to correct my vision. i was sooo cute! ;)

Chris H  – (7:46 PM)  

OOOO BUMMER! And such a fetching look... NOT. Hope your eye is better today.

Unknown  – (8:04 PM)  

I know it was painful and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but your photo made me smirk.... kinda cute, especially that Eric wanted to play Dr. for his damsel in distress!

I once stopped at Nordstrom to have false eyelashes applied prior to a wedding... the implements they used must not have been sanitized properly. I looked like that (but with a pirate patch!) for a week! It was kinda fun to play pirate for awhile, but the pain, oh the pain....

Kim  – (9:45 PM)  

My eyes are still teared up from looking at that picture of you! I am so sorry that you got hurt like that. Feel better soon!!!

Candace MacPherson  – (7:49 AM)  

Glad you're feeling better today. Actually, cuddling and getting read to sounds like a pretty good weekend.

marie  – (10:19 AM)  

full contact gardening? you're hardcore!

hope you're feeling better!!

Ro  – (10:20 AM)  

So sorry about your eye....I though I was going to have to mail you a parrot :~)

angelfish24  – (10:28 AM)  

Hope the eye is all better! Sound like you are on the mend. I keep seeing this lady at the gym with an eye patch on for months and wonder what happened to her. Must be so hard to just see out of one. Good luck on the wi this week.

Teresa  – (11:32 AM)  

Sheesh who knew weeding could be so dangerous. Poor you. Just to be on the safe side, perhaps a visit to the Dr would be in order if the irritation persists. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Crabby McSlacker  – (3:34 PM)  

Owww.

Hope it's getting better fast!

And seeing out of one eye can mess with your depth perception, so careful you don't injure yourself further--though you're probably not as klutzy and accident prone as I am.

Martalu  – (5:40 PM)  

You poor thing! You look really pitiful in that picture...glad Eric was there to take care of you!

TrixieBelden  – (9:24 PM)  

I hope you are okay! Your photo really worried me until I read that you are feeling better.

Living to Feel Good  – (4:18 AM)  

Ouch! How cute Eric made you an eye patch though!

Glad your eye is better!

Kelly  – (8:06 AM)  

ouch, hope you feel better! how was ratatouille?? or however you spell that...haha

Post a Comment