do you have that in a size 8?

AL DESKO (al.DES.koh)) adv. eating at your desk:
my report is due today, so i'm dining al desko

i will have to think of some interesting topics now that i'm not posting my weekly weigh-ins... since my boss was out today, i brought both my latest copies of rachael ray and oprah magazines - only got thru one of them... mind you, i DID have work to do so it wasn't like i slacked-off all day (just a tiny part of it)... anyway, the above word was in rachael's mag and i thought it was cute since that's me, every, single day... i eat at my desk and use my real lunch hour to go to the gym - today i had a salad with: greenleaf lettuce, red peppers, grape tomatoes, blue cheese, and sliced almonds... mmm mmm... :o)

question: what do you guys eat for lunch every day? do you eat the same thing or do you switch things up from day-to-day? just curious... ;o)

in other news, i have been on the search for some dark brown shoes to go with one of the dresses i'm wearing this weekend (2 weddings) and as of yesterday, no such luck... who would've thought that it would be this hard to find something nice AND something that won't hurt my foot (the one i've had 4 surgeries on)... i get so frustrated when i can't wear a certain style but there's not much i can do... anyhoo, i went to filene's basement tonight after work and whatdayaknow - they had the cutest pair of dark brown slip-ons, that aren't too high, and won't hurt after wearing them for an hour... yea, they were $40 but they're steve madden so it was a good deal in my book... i also found a cute necklace and a pair of earrings to go w/my other dress - guessing that they would match, i was right-on-target when i got home... mission accomplished! :o)

happy hump day...


WWSuzi  – (9:36 PM)  

I'm always trying to do different things for lunch! You can see what i have on my blog, if you're interested ;) And i take alot of my dinners to work so you can see that as well.
spunkysuzi-mydailynosh.blogspot.com

Kim  – (9:41 PM)  

I tend to get into ruts when it comes to eating - especially when something seems to work for me. I do a lot of salads for lunch. Or some chicken, veggies and brown rice. I get into trouble when I start "winging" it too much.

Anne  – (10:29 PM)  

when I bring my lunch, I bring salads or soups and I often have cottage cheese and fruit. When I don't bring it, I usually go to Subway.

Goog going on the shopping! It's so fun when you finally find something you've been looking for!

Sharla  – (2:05 AM)  

I have 3 stand by lunches- a turkey sandwich or a salad or lentil veggie soup that I try to keep made all the time (not so much in the summer though)

What is Feliens basement like? I've seen WNTW take people there. We don't have one here in San Diego.

Kim L  – (4:25 AM)  

When school is in session, I usually take some sort of frozen dinner (lean cuisine, etc.) along with a packaged applesauce or canned fruit. Sometimes some sort of carb snack.
Summer is just too hard to have a normal pattern.

Carolyn  – (7:18 AM)  

I'm pretty basic on the lunches, usually a tuna sandwich. I try to stay away from frozen dinners since they have so much sodium and usually don't fill me for very long. I would like to get into making soups though and freezing them in lunch size portions. What's your lunch menu look like?

Greta  – (10:28 AM)  

I get bored easily so I tend to switch lunch up from time to time. Even if I stick with a salad from Whole Foods for a few eeeks I'll change the dressing or the protein I add to it (chicken, salmon, tofu). I also try to listen to what I'm craving- within reason of course. But I try to listen to my body.

JavaChick  – (10:55 AM)  

I usually make things to freeze in single servings, so I will eat the same thing pretty much every day until the batch of whatever I made is gone. Then I will make a batch of something new.

Lately, with the warm weather and lack of a/c in my office, I have been trying to come up with cold lunches. At the moment, I'm really liking a Corn & Black Bean salad from the Eat, Shrink & Be Merry cookbook. I usually have some cottage cheese with it.

Vickie  – (12:44 PM)  

have you tried an orthopedic shoe store? they aren't all ucky brown lace ups any more and have amazing support.

I usually eat a HOT lunch - and then a cold dinner (salad) so my meals are actually the reverse of most people. I have more time at lunch (and less at dinner).

Teresa  – (1:17 PM)  

I'm an al-desko too! I tend to bring leftovers, in a pinch lean cusine or something like that. Salads are big too. Nothing spectaular.

Enjoy you boss free day! :)

Kate  – (3:02 PM)  

For a long time i just had leftovers from the night before for lunch, but as my points decreased, my lunch options did too, which is ok, since this time of year most of the time I only feel like a sandwich anyways! Which is what I eat, a sandwich, some carrots and a yogurt...look at the all those good health guidelines lol.

*Bitch Cakes*  – (3:22 PM)  

Believe it or not, I really eat my 12 ingredient salad every day. I love it and never get bored of it. I usually have a bag of 100 calorie popcorn (the 94%fat free kind). Very occasionally I will have a vegetarian sandwich instead of the popcorn (2 slices lowfat bread, 2 or 3 slices of veggie bologna).

4 foot surgeries?! You poor thing! I fear the day I can no longer wear the shoes I love. I'm not sure how I will go on.

angelfish24  – (12:38 AM)  

Glad you found some shoes and accessories! Sounds good. As for lunches...I've been so boring lately, I have a sandwich (ham and cheese), fruit and cheese stick but I vary a bit. I have a lot of salad so now I'll bring the salad with chicken strips (grilled) and veggies or fruit.

Roni  – (8:47 PM)  

leftovers, leftovers leftovers. So I guess you can say I switch it up! lol

Sally JPA  – (1:57 PM)  

2 weddings in one weekend--yowza! :)

Post a Comment