no wonder

i don't know why i was so upset yesterday - on the verge of tears throughout the day - all because i saw a gain on the scale... and i also felt like a hypocrite because i'm constantly telling people what YOU were telling me - don't worry about it, let your body catch-up, it will be gone next week, you're doing a great job - and yet, i felt like the wind was knocked out of me... even though i had said a few weeks back that i wanted to focus on the 5K and not losing weight - i STILL wanted to be compensated - esp. since i started WW again (and had such great results the 1st two weigh-ins)... i wanted to be rewarded for all the hard work i'd been doing, for all the points i kept track of, and for all the stuff i said "no thanks" too... i know shit happens and i guess i just wasn't prepared for it so early in the game, but i'm okay now and thank-you for all your comments... i CAN see my body has changed so maybe i need to start actually BELIEVING it and ACCEPTING it... why is that so damn hard?!?!

debbi had two great posts re: the whole running thing and not losing weight, go here and here if you'd like to read them... after reading those last night, i did some research trying to find out why something that seems so logically weight loss-friendly, really isn't... i find it hard to believe but one website said that if you really want to lose weight, doing a 3-mile run, a few times a week, isn't going to cut it - you need to do more... your body may change, get leaner, etc. but the scale may not budge as much as you'd like it too... AND you need to watch what you eat, which makes sense - just because you are running, that doesn't give you a "get out of jail for free" card... i'm sorry if i'm laboring on all this but after the day i had, i felt the need to do some research and find out a few things - and i enjoy sharing them with you... :o)

i haven't lifted since last week and since my legs were finally back to normal, today was my 2nd workout w/the new plan - i was sweating too, which is a good sign, and i'm liking what i came up with... i also did 10 minutes on the elliptical at the end but i was too tired to do more - i really need to watch myself and not overdo it... i've been exhausted all week so i hope its the weather/allergies and that i'll be back up to 100% soon - anyone else been feeling really lethargic?

tonight's the big reception/dinner - the dinner menu looks pretty doable (WW-wise) but its all the free booze and food they're going to have beforehand... maybe i'll stick with vodka tonics instead of wine and eat lots of fruit/veggies (if they have 'em)... wish me luck!

happy thursday...


Greta  – (4:35 PM)  

When I used to "just run" (this meant running as little at 6 miles a week to as much as 25 depending on if we were training for a 1/2 marathon) I never lost weight. I could eat and drink and not gain, but I would not lose.

Now I do the HIIT. If on the treadmill I start for about 1 minute at say 5.5 mph. Then I run at 7+ for 2 (this is almost a sprint for me). Then down to about 5.7 for 1 and then back to 7+ for 2. I do this for 20 minutes. This has made an INCREDIBLE difference in my fat loss. Plus I can get in a most excellent workout in a relatively short period of time. I still enjoy my slow and steady runs. But if I really want to blast some cals and fat, I do HIIT.
And I am SO glad you are not beating yourself up anymore. We have ALL been there (and will be again, I'm sure).

Dennis & Jodi  – (6:31 PM)  

I so totally know what you mean Jodi,. Some days it is eaier tho to be the cheerleader then to be the specator being cheered on. But like you said... YOU have to start believing and accepting that you have changed! You look awesome girl!
Maybe try to just take a step back and look at your previous posts and really see how far you have come! Keep it up and like you also said"Let your body catch up..." but also let your brain catch up with your body!

Sizzle  – (8:15 PM)  

good luck with the free food. i was at an event yesterday and my booth was directly across from the dessert booth. bastards!

Kim L  – (10:41 PM)  

Aagh! Social events. They are the devil. Why do I have to be so cute and spunky that I can't resist being out in public having fun with people so much?

I hope it went well. Seriously, don't worry about the small gain. Your body is just getting used to the changes you're making it go through. Progress will come. Soon!

noelle  – (11:54 PM)  

Glad you are feeling better today. I think we need those little blips on our radar to help us refocus and reflect on what we are doing.

Hope you did well at your party tonight!

TrixieBelden  – (12:25 AM)  

To be honest, one of my triggers is drinking socially, especially if its free drinks. I did good tonight at a happy hour - one beer and two bottles of water. I'm sure you'll do great tonight - whether you pick the wine or the vodka. Above all else, you have to enjoy life :)

katieo  – (1:18 AM)  

It's funny how we know with our brains what the logical response should be to a weight gain.
I can tell myself all day long the "right" thing, but will still have a little black cloud over me the whole day.


You look fantastic! (I see a huge difference in those photos! face, arms, stomach esp!)

Carolyn  – (7:11 AM)  

I'm glad that you are starting to feel al ittle better about the gain. Trust me, i know where your coming from and I know how much it just plan sucks. It can throw off your whole day, even your whole week. I know how much it must bum you out, but really 9 times out of 10 you'll see a good loss next week.
Hope you did well last night at the function! Those things can be so difficult!

Post a Comment