weigh-in

i was more than shocked to see a loss this morning (-1.8 pounds) but i'll take it nonetheless - last week must've been a weird fluke so i feel incredibly stupid for reacting the way i did... i'm sure i blew all, if not more, than my share of my flex points this week but i've been upping my cardio and doing intervals makes a difference... we did ins & outs again last night, which i hate, but i did them and was happy when the 30 minutes were over... for dinner, i opted for a mini-bag of popcorn and lots of water (i actually wasn't that hungry) and tonight, i'm making stuffed peppers and cannot wait... perhaps i'll post a pic tomorrow... :o)

there's a big news story in my area today - the county where i live is going to start banning trans fat which means all restaurants, bars, and bakeries will need to find an alternate source by no later than january 2009... i think this is excellent news for the health and well-being of our residents and even though i don't eat at lot of fried foods when i go out, its still nice to know it will be a bit healthier for me in the future... :o)

so in between watching workout last night, i was also watching miami ink which is another great show... they were firing one of their artists, kat, who was an amazing tattooist and did incredible portraits on people... every time i watch that show, it makes me want to get another one - i already have 4 (technically 5 since i got one covered-up) but have no idea what i would get or even where i would get it... i have one on my ankle, hip, back, and shoulder and i've often thought about getting my first one made larger... i was a senior in college and as a valentine's day present from my boyfriend, we got tattoos and i remember when my mom first saw it - she freaked... then i moved to NYC and the piercings started but that's another story... maybe i should set a weight loss goal and reward myself w/some new ink - what do you think? do any of you have tattoos? if so, what are they and how many do you have?

happy hump day...


Eileen  – (12:35 PM)  

First, congratulations on your loss.
Trans fat ban is good news. One of my client's key initiatives is the healthy oils business and it's growing by leaps and bounds as the country's restaurants and food maufacturers embrace healthy alternatives.
It's funny you mentioned tatoos in your post. This morning I entertained the thought of making one of my WL goals a revision to an existing tatoo I have on my back behind my left shoulder. It was ok at the time I got it, but it needs some serious cover-up.I have two - one on my bum, a tiny blue rose(my first) and the other on my back which is a hodge podge of a starburst, a rainbow and a rain cloud. I was young and it seemed cool at the time. Unfortunately the artist was hung over and its not as precise as I would have wanted so it's always been just ok. Not sure what would cover it yet, but I have time to find a great studio and artwork for new ink.
Have a great week - stuffed peppers sounds yummy.

Eileen

Dennis & Jodi  – (12:39 PM)  

OMG jodi! Your life is so like mine! lol I do have 2 tatt's but want to add to them and get 2 more. I have one on my hip/outter thigh and i just got one on my back(all my kids birth flowers with mine & hubby and a fairy) My best friend and i want to get the sisterchicks chicks on our ankle and our initals (J&J) underneath and i want to add a dove to my one on my back and words to the banner to the other one. I also have a few peircings but my family just basically expects it fromme now, so... But my thots on it are if it is what you want and you are happy with them then do it! My hubby actually got 2 tat's from me for christmas and now wants to get the canadian flag on his back/shoulder (I think he is addicted too! lol) Good luck with your thoughts on it!

Anne  – (12:44 PM)  

Woohoo! Congrats on the loss! Well Done! :)

Samantha  – (12:46 PM)  

I have 2 tattoos one on my back and one on my left hand (I shouldn't have done that one). Miami Ink is a good show. My husband loves watching but he doesn't have any tattoos. I think that he wants one one day. Who knows?
Rewarding your self with a tattoo? I think that is a great idea!

Kim  – (1:26 PM)  

Congrats on your loss!!! All losses are great, but there is something extra special when it takes you off guard!! :)

I don't have any tatoos. I toyed around with the idea years ago, but my inability to make any kind of decision kept it from happening. I just couldn't come up with anything that I would be sure that I would LOVE for the rest of my life.

I think that setting a new tatoo as your goal is an awesome idea!

marie  – (3:35 PM)  

congrats on the loss!

i contemplated getting a fourth tat at goal but wasted $250 on a hot ass dress for a wedding instead (which is a bit big now!)

my three are: my own design of my initials and a mouse on the inside of my left ankle, shamrock & a maple leaf on my lower middle back (mom is from ireland, dad is canadian) and the kanji for home/family on my upper middle back (which my li'l bro has on his hip. the others i want are a haida design of a mouse and the claddagh symbol. then i'm finito!

Dee  – (5:13 PM)  

Wow Jodi, congrats on your loss! You've been working so hard, you deserve it.

As for tats, they are addicting aren't they? I've got 3, a dove on the outside of my right ankle, 2 gecko lizards on my upper middle back and myself, DH & my sons birthsigns on my left inner ankle.

I've got the next one planned out (a tribute to my dad), but I cannot figure out where to put it. That's always the hard part with me, not the what...the where!

PearShapedGirl  – (5:17 PM)  

Congrats on your loss!! That's great news about the ban on trans fats. What a nice way to help create a healthier community.

FYI - I've decided to make my blog private. I'd like to add you to the "safelist" so you can read it. Please send your blog e-mail address to me at pearshapedgirl@hotmail.com if you still wish to be a reader and I'll add you to the list. Thanks!!


Take care,
PSG

Greta  – (8:24 PM)  

CONGRATS on the loss! woo hoo.
And very cool about the trans fat ban. I wish we'd see that here in NC but with all the BBQ and deep fried this and that, I doubt we'll ever see it. sigh.

Amanda  – (8:31 PM)  

Congrats on your loss! And that's so cool about the trans fats ban, more areas should start looking into that. I also think they should ban pop and snack machines in schools every where!

Amanda

Angela Power  – (9:09 PM)  

Hi Jodi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll keep checking in on ya.

Congratulations on your loss! That's really awesome!

Askazombiehousewife  – (2:53 AM)  

I am not a fan trans fats.
I think if a place wants to cook with trans fats do so but I want to be informed of what's in my food.

Carolyn  – (9:58 AM)  

No tattoos for me. I'm soo scared! I always wanted one, just couldn't make up my mind about what to get and where to get it
GREAT JOB on the LOSS!!!! WOW!!!!
Keep it up and you'll be downt o goal in no time...your losses have been great!!!! Even after a weekend splurge!

Ro  – (10:16 AM)  

Congrats on your loss Jodi!

I am obsessed with ink and I have 3 relatively smell ones that no one can see but I am planning for a big on down my side.

Kate  – (10:37 AM)  

First congrats on the great Weigh In! Last week was probably totally a fluke! At least you got through it and didn't throw in the towel.

As far as a tat for weight loss goal, I think that would be an awesome present to yourself. Myself I don't have any, I've never been able to find something that I would want to look at the rest of my life. haha.

Kelly  – (10:39 AM)  

good job jodi!

i don't have a tattoo but i want one! i just don't know what to get. and miami ink is a great show. i heard kat is going to be opening her own tattoo shop and they are doing a LA Ink show or something??

runny_yolk  – (1:51 PM)  

Yay, congrats on the loss!

Post a Comment