weekends need to be longer

it was rough getting up this morning esp. after having such a super-busy weekend - i felt like i needed one more day to just relax... i'm happy to say though, i think i did fairly well at the party on saturday - i had 3 margaritas (strong) and nibbled on food but i didn't stuff myself or eat anything that i regret... i had to estimate points so we'll see how things even out by wednesday... i probably did worse last night when we grilled-out w/some friends, but at least i used whole wheat pasta in my salad this time so that has to count for something... the homemade onion rings on the other hand...

my run on saturday was awesome - we did 3 miles and i seriously felt like i could've run for a bit longer... we're still running one way, walking for a bit, and then running back and she said since we've basically done 5K - we'll just be cutting back on the walking... sounds good to me... my legs were (and still are) pretty sore from last week so i took it easy on today's C25K - i don't want to overdo anything...

eric and i tackled his flowerbeds this weekend and got all but ONE finished - i suggested making 'no-mans-land' into a garden and he loved the idea, might be too late for this year though... we weeded, mulched, and mowed, and he even fixed the wall-outlets on the back patio so i could hang my lights for the cookout (such a sweetie!)... i counted the yardwork as APs since we were out there, both days, for a few hours... yay me! :o)

and for some sad news - my sister's cat, scamper, was run-over this weekend... she said my nieces were devastated esp. since they've never suffered a pet's death before... they buried him on their new property, where they are having a log cabin built, and each of the girls wrote him a letter for the service... my sister had 4 cats and since they live in a state park, they pretty much roam wherever they want too (though stay close-to-home most of the time)... scamper would come in every night and sleep on one of the girl's bed and if i stayed there, he would still sleep with me too... he also drooled which was pretty funny... i will miss you scamper and hope you get to catch some heavenly mice up there... :o)





















happy monday...


Anne  – (6:46 PM)  

Sounds like you are doing really well with the running! You rock!

Sorry to hear about your sister's cat :(

Sizzle  – (7:57 PM)  

oh no! poor scamper. :( that's sad.

Askazombiehousewife  – (9:06 PM)  

The running is so cool

whatch out margaritas are like really full of a lot of caloeries.

Marathon Someday  – (9:23 PM)  

Sorry about your sister's cat.:-(

Awesome run on the weekend, though.

Carolyn  – (8:16 AM)  

So sorry to here about the kitty. It so sad when pets pass away.
Good job with the party on Saturday. Looks like you did well! We are heading to a prty this Saturday and I'm hoping to have the same restrain! It's always the next day that gets me, hangover=craving for grease!
Keep it up! You are doing fantastic with running!!

Kate  – (9:04 AM)  

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

Tackling the flowerbeds sounds like fun! I need to get to mine. I'm trying to plan some new ones around my house, and trying to narrow down what I want to put in them is like pulling teeth, so much to choose from!

I'm also trying my hand at gardening this year (my first attempt), my brother tilled me up an area at my parents house to plant my vegetables, it should be interesting!

Greta  – (9:06 AM)  

I am SO SO sorry about the kitty. I do love all animals but I am 100% cat person. Its so very sad.

Congrats on your run!!!! And for doing so well this weekend at the party. You go!

marie  – (10:36 AM)  

so sorry about the kitty :(

but congrats again on the running. you're doing so well!

Kelly  – (11:33 AM)  

amen to weekends being longer. i shouldnt complain though, i have a 3 day week this week!

sorry to hear about the kitty... :(

Samantha  – (12:02 PM)  

What a sweet kitty pic!

Anonymous –   – (12:42 PM)  

poor baby, I am sorry.
I think the way you were feeling yesterday is exactly how I am feeling today...keep up the amazing job with the runniung :)

Unknown  – (4:49 PM)  

Sorry about the kitty. He's gorgeous. Those margaritas sound great, even if you do have to run a lot to earn one. :)

Amanda  – (9:32 PM)  

wow, you're doing awesome with the running! and sorry to hear about scamper, that's sad :o(

Post a Comment