weigh-in

the scale was kind to me this morning and showed a 1.2 pound loss so i'm pretty happy... and since restarting WW more than 5 weeks ago, i've lost a total of 5.4 which averages out to like 1 pound a week - not too shabby... i will really have to watch myself though this weekend - eric and i are heading to pittsburgh for the long weekend and its always so difficult for me to stay OP when away from home... i did tell him that i'll have to exercise at least once or twice and he agreed that we should take lots of walks - that made me happy... :o)

as you can see, i thought it was time to revamp the old blog again... i searched for some cool templates and found this one here - you can check out the different styles on the right-hand side and if you like one, just save the code that's under the sample photo... and remember to save your old template's HTML somewhere because you'll need to copy all your personal info like links, stats, etc.... :o)

i found a great post today on the pressures of blogging... i don't think i've ever felt like i HAD to post on a daily basis - i feel that if i have something to say, then i'll write something and if i don't, then i'm okay with it... as much as i love blogging, i don't want to ever feel like i HAVE to do it - i mean, the reason why i started this was to keep an online record of my weight loss... of course its progressed into other things (like many others blogs) and if i were reporting news or more time-sensitive info - then yea, everyday would be needed... but when i'm talking about what i had for dinner or what i did over the weekend - i think i can take it easy every once in a while... so how do you feel about the whole blogging daily ritual? do you ever feel guilty for not posting daily?

my boss took our dept. out to lunch today and after looking over the menu, i chose the tuna burger and field greens instead of fries (yay me!)... i won't be able to do the gym thing either because after work, i'm going straight to the salon to get my hair cut... my normal stylist is out on maternity leave so i hope her temp-replacement does a good job - i'll give you a report tomorrow... :o)

i can't wait for the LOST season finale tonight - i hope its good, don't you?

happy hump day...


Anonymous –   – (4:55 PM)  

I puffy heart your new template!

Congrats on yet ANOTHER 1.2 gone! You are such a rock star :).

marie  – (5:03 PM)  

congrats on the loss! i like the template - very clean and organized :)

interesting blogging burnout link too!

Chris H  – (5:06 PM)  

Good loss mate! Glad I can get a comment on, tried earlier and it just would not let me..... I'm one of those incredibly sad tarts who does feel the need to post everyday... maybe cos I have lots to blabber on about, maybe cos I'm lonely, whatever, I LOVE IT! How can ya be lonely when you are surrounded by people, beats me!

Foo  – (5:19 PM)  

Love the tranquil template...very soothing.

Way to go on your WI and maneuvering french fries, bowing to your strength...

I don't feel blogging pressure anymore. I did when I was all about weight loss and weekly weigh ins...but now, I write whenever and whatever floats my boat. I'm in a much better place.
Foo

Kim  – (6:04 PM)  

congrats on the loss!! the new template looks very cool.

have a great time in pittsburgh this weekend! :)

Askazombiehousewife  – (6:58 PM)  

Congrats on the loss.
Hope you get a great haircut

Val

Living to Feel Good  – (8:45 PM)  

WoooHoooo for your loss, and your average each week. Excellent!

And you deserve another wooohoooo for passing on the fries. I use to be a big fan of fries, but now it's rare that I eat them. When I do , I'm done with them for awhile. They are so not a trigger food for me. Thank gawd for that. :)

Lost. I still haven't watched last week, but I can't wait for finale too. :)

Sizzle  – (11:47 PM)  

of course i am watching the lost finale! :)

hope the hair is as cute as always.

Oinkstop  – (1:45 AM)  

Found your blog by way of the Fatfighters Blog Roll. Good job on the weight loss this week. :)

Eileen  – (7:31 AM)  

Love the new template. Congratulations on your loss too. Lost finale was interesting.

Ro  – (9:13 AM)  

I love the new look...I felt the same way on Tuesday and "revamped" my blog as well......
Congrats on the lost pounds, your hard work is paying off!

Carolyn  – (12:11 PM)  

Love the new look!!
Great job on the menu selection!
Good luck on your trip...I alwasy find it IMPOSSIBLE to stay OP while on vacation but just do the best you can!!!

Kate  – (12:14 PM)  

Love the new look! And Congrats on the Weight Loss this week! Yay!

I always watch Lost on DVD when the seasons come out, so I will be anticipating this season, as I have the other :)

Grumpy Chair  – (5:31 PM)  

I like to blog everyday. The only time it felt like a chore was when I was sick and tired of talking about dieting.

I have switched from blogging at night to blogging in the morning. . . whenever I have time. No rush. Since this switch, there is no more pressure on me (which I put on myself) to have a new post everynight.

The only reason for blogging everyday - it's easier than staying on a diet and I need to prove to myself that I can stick with something.

Hey, sorry about the long comment.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss with WW!

Marathon Someday  – (9:53 PM)  

Way to go on your loss this week, Jodi! I love the new layout for your blog. I've been thinking about one for myself as well - just haven't gotten to it yet.:-)

Keep up the great work!!!!

TrixieBelden  – (10:57 PM)  

Congrats on the loss! That is great.

I hope you enjoy Pittsburgh! I grew up in the suburbs out there. It can be a fun city.

Amanda  – (9:25 PM)  

i tried commenting yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't let me :o( congrats on your wi, that is awesome!!! way to go!!!

Post a Comment