i love you trader joe's

PRODUCT REVIEW: just wanted to let you know about two wonderful things i found at trader joe's on friday... i went after work and yes, i was hungry (which is never a good idea) and while there - i found these... one was a french-style flatbread pizza w/ham, carmelized onions, and gruyere cheese - OMG it was so good! the crust was nice and thin and very crispy - point-wise it wasn't too bad (4 pts per serving)... second, i picked-up a box of their pumpkin bread/muffin mix and though NOT very WW friendly (5 pts. per muffin), i made them to take to work (cus i'm nice that way!)... i drizzled them w/icing and topped them w/walnuts - mmm mmm... i wouldn't normally make this kind of thing for around the house but they did make my apartment smell really good... :o)

FOOTBALL: it wasn't just hard watching the redskins get their asses beat last night, it was utterly painful... 52-7... are you kidding me? at least the steelers won - 1 out of 2 ain't bad...

SHOPPING: after getting my haircut saturday morning, my mom and i proceeded (yet again) to go shopping all day - so much for helping her around the house... i started off looking for navy shoes but then i found a few long skirts and some new tops - i told her that i can't go shopping w/her anymore and she just laughed... we had dinner at the diner and split a gyro and open-faced reuben samich - mmm mmm... we also hit the goodwill and after searching all day for a long black skirt, i found one there - by old navy - for $4... i hate when that happens... ;o)

WEEKEND: i didn't make it to the gym yesterday because i slept-in and then was up at 8am anyway - i hate when that happens... i proceeded to clean my entire kitchen and bathroom, do laundry, hem some pants, swap my bathroom rugs and shower curtain, meet a girlfriend for lunch, finish the harry potter book (very good indeed, i'm glad to be done but also very sad!), and make some chicken taco soup for dinner... my mom stopped by to watch the game for a bit and then eric was here, to pick-up norman, on his way back from pittsburgh... it was a busy and productive day, so i was pretty pooped by the time i went to bed...

FOOD: i totally felt like i overdid things this weekend - first it was the pizza on friday, then dinner on saturday, and then lunch w/my girlfriend yesterday... i never eat out that much... yes, my choices could've been better and maybe if i had exercised, i wouldn't feel like such a loser but what are you gonna do... i was back OP today and had a great, 40-minute interval hill workout on the treadmill so i'm feeling much better... :o)

happy monday...


Sizzle  – (1:08 AM)  

that IS a good pizza. i've had it! and i just love tjs for its great prices and good eats. i've never tried the muffin mixes though.

Greta  – (8:00 AM)  

I thought of you as we watched the Skins play...not so good.
I LOVE Trader Joes. They just opened one here about 4 or 5 months ago and its fantastic! I love their Naan bread. And 2 Buck Chuck of course.

Martalu  – (9:08 AM)  

Your weekend sounds wonderful! Yes, you indulged, but hey, you were also productive AND you hung out with cool people!

Sorry about your team. I feel your pain. I had to turn the Texans game off at the half. I have never done that, but it was just too painful!

Carolyn  – (10:57 AM)  

Sound slike you had a great weekend though. I WISH WISH WISH we had a Trader Joe's up here. The pizza looks yummy but the muffins look positively evil! I couldn't even have those in my house! Last ngiht I made Anne's 1 pt WW muffins and before I even had time to get them into the tupperware container, Scott had downed 3 of them!

Glad you had a great weekend, eating out is my favorite thing in the world to do!

marie  – (11:43 AM)  

mmmmmm...pumpkin muffins. they would NOT last long around me!

Askazombiehousewife  – (12:22 PM)  

I wish they shipped oline foe people who don't have them in there state

Teresa  – (12:41 PM)  

So envious about Trader Joe's wish we had them here, but no such luck. MMM everything from them sounds devine. Have a good day.

Anonymous –   – (1:05 PM)  

I get that pizza every time I go to Trader Joe's! It is so freaking delish....

Sally JPA  – (4:25 PM)  

All of a sudden I'm noticing Trader Joe's mentioned in a lot of people's posts. We got TJs in Atlanta this year, so maybe they're also popping up elsewhere?

Grumpy Chair  – (10:21 AM)  

Those muffins look so good.

I wished we had a Trader Joe's. This is TEXAS for Pete's sake! We need Trader Joe's.

Post a Comment