we closed the place down

my mom and i went to the vanity fair outlets in reading, pa, yesterday and did some serious damage (me anyway)... we haven't been there since i was in college and it was staple growing up to shop there for jeans and underwear... now, they have expanded and most of the major outlet stores can be found there - my goal was to find a nice suit, some pants, and some shoes... the most exciting part of the day, besides finding some great deals - was getting a pair of liz clairborne jeans in a size 8... i highly recommend this style esp. if you're full in the hips like myself - they fit wonderfully and include spandex, which is a girls best friend... the outlets close at 9:00pm and my mom were rushing thru the easy spirit store at 8:45 - talk about cutting things close... after stopping for dinner, i made it home after midnight and went straight to bed - shopping can really wear you out!

the only thing i did NOT find yesterday were some new black boots and heels - i have a hard time finding anything can fit around my huge calves (my right one measures 16.5" because of the bloodclot a few years back)... i tried on a pair at naturalizer, because they have a wide-shaft style, but for $79 and non-leather i thought that was a bit steep... so bright and early this morning, i went online and found these instead - i ordered a pair of black AND brown and hope they are as good as they look... talk about luck! :o)

i told myself i would sleep-in this morning but was wide-awake at 7:30 for some reason... max and i had a good cuddle in bed and then i got up, unpacked my shopping bags, started doing laundry, and made coffee... i'm heading over to eric's later to watch the redskins game and then we're taking the harley out for a nice ride... the weather has been gorgeous here lately so we're going to take advantage of it - i hope YOU are having a great weekend too... :o)

and for all you weight watchers, check this out... it can't help but make you smile! :o)

happy sunday...


Sizzle  – (10:56 AM)  

i find most knee high boots to be cut super small. i love the ones you ordered- i might have to get a pair myself!

Kim  – (6:33 PM)  

You and your mad shopping skills have made me so proud. And a size 8?!?!?!?!? You rock!!!!

p.s.
LOVE the boots!

Greta  – (8:37 PM)  

size 8!! Woo hoo. Outlet shopping is so much fun, I'm sure you had some great finds. And nice boots!
Sorry about your Skins.

Mel  – (8:44 PM)  

Woohoo...a size 8. I absolutely love buying smaller clothes!! I have the same problem with boots was hoping that this year maybe I wouldn't with losing weight. I haven't been out to get me a pair yet, but the ones you chose are very nice. My friend from MD is coming over this weekend for some shopping and I am hoping to hit BASS for some boots. There is nothing better than a shopping trip!

angelfish24  – (9:15 PM)  

Those look like awesome boots! Thanks for sharing that web site tip.
Wow, a size 8, I can only dream at this point, ha. The weather was great here today and not rain all weekend, woooohooo!

Askazombiehousewife  – (1:37 AM)  

sounds like you had fun.

marie  – (9:15 AM)  

i lurve outlet shopping! you always snag the best deals :)

size 8 though - owwwwww!! :)

Cory  – (2:14 PM)  

I love outlet shopping as well, although I don't get to do it often enough. I'm planning to save up some money and seriously hit our closest one after I reach goal though.
Good job on your shopping!

Marathon Someday  – (2:34 PM)  

Just dropping in to say THANK YOU for your support on my blog! It means the world, and I truly appreciate it. Thanks again.:-)

Post a Comment