remember ramen noodles?

sorry about this sucky photo but i just wanted to let you guys know that i tried the new lower-fat and lower-sodium ramen noodles today... besides being cheap (3 for $1), it wasn't bad for a quick lunch but i would definitely add some frozen veggies and/or protein next time... i used the microwave and after 3-minutes, i had a hot lunch and if you're WW counting points - it would be around 4... i also picked-up the beef and shrimp flavors so i'll let you know how they taste... click on the link above for more info... :o)

i made some enchiladas last night (been craving mexican) but they were a disaster! i used corn tortillas, since they're great for oven-baked quesadillas (and only 1 point for 2), but for this recipe - they were crap! they cracked as soon as i put them in the casserole dish! ugh! i made them anyway but can anyone recommend a good but low-point brand of flour tortillas? the lowcarb versions seem mushy to me but maybe i should try the whole wheat or multi-grain kind... any suggestions? :op

happy thursday...

p.s. my scale was down 2-pounds this morning so whoo hooo carrots! :o)


Martalu  – (4:57 PM)  

Hooooooray!!! I knew it was a fluke! A little wine and a little strawberry shortcake couldn't have done that much damage!

They still don't carry these in my local stores. :o( Thanks for the review though! I've heard good things about them. Oh, they just reminded me to get some of those tofu noodles. Thanks lady!

Fatinah  – (9:16 PM)  

mmm, I haven't seen the low fat noodles. I love those noodles so much I actually spend the 10 WW points on them!!

WWSuzi  – (11:13 PM)  

I haven't been able to find these yet ;( We can only hope they'll come here evenutally. Congrats on the nice loss.

Unknown  – (11:48 PM)  

I can cook almost everything else mexican except enchilladas. I am so picky about mine that I don't want to fail at making them. hahaha. Good luck finding a good way to make them!

Carolyn  – (9:12 AM)  

I don't think I've ever made enchiladas but I love ordering them when we are out. Soo good! Let me know if you find a recipe that works!

Mmmm Noodles in a cup! 4 pts is actually pretty good considering what the full fat alternatives are!

Deborah  – (10:03 AM)  

Will have to try the Ramen noodles. I really miss noodles. I had the regular ones the other night with stir fry (I hate rice) and they were yummy.

Thanks for the tip.

Teresa  – (10:56 AM)  

Yeah for being down 2. Have a wonderful weekend.

Cottage Way of Life  – (12:48 PM)  

Hey Jody...did you make the tortillas soft before you made them? I like to nuke them in the microwave with a wet paper towel (to steam) to make them soft before I make the enchiladas. I've never had a problem with them cracking that way. Then I prepare and bake in oven.

My email address is cottagewayoflife at aol dot com

Cottage Way of Life  – (12:49 PM)  

Oops this is Sarah livingtofeelgood. I thought I was signed out of my business blog.

Unknown  – (1:11 PM)  

Hi Jody, Lurker on your blog but thought I could help you with your enchiladas. I make a great enchilada if I do say so myself. You can do what someone else mentioned & heat them up in the microwave or what I do is heat them up on gridle or hot plate first. It's okay if they get cold, they have softened and won't crack, just don't overheat or burn the tortilla. Hope this helps.

Foo  – (2:05 PM)  

Woohoo Carrots is right - congrats on the 2 lbs. and a bigger WC on the healthier Ramen version, I will be in heaven come winter :o)

Kate  – (3:35 PM)  

Wow girl! that's awesome! Congrats on the 2lbs!

*Bitch Cakes*  – (4:41 PM)  

The Mission brand low-fat flour tortillas are my favorite, but I check every brand/package I find in my health food and local grocery stores. I try whatever comes out to 1-point (but Mission is still my favorite). I do believe they are 1 point for 1, but if you have more than 1 the points increase, so be careful!

Post a Comment