love the smell of fresh pine

its officially the holiday season at my apartment and work - all my decorating was finished last night and i worked on my office this morning... i still have a bit to do but will wait for my boss to leave, not that she cared this morning when i was hanging lights around our doorways... i have always decorated at my job because (1) you spend 8+ hours there and (2) it just puts everyone in the holiday spirit... i even brought a little tree over to eric's yesterday and had fun watching norman attack it - guess he's never seen a xmas tree before... :o)

my weekend was good - eric came over on friday night, we had dinner at local restaurant that is considered a "steeler's" hangout, and then watched "x-men 3"... on saturday, i took max to the vets and then spent most of the day decorating and listening to xmas music... i hung out w/my mom on saturday night and did victorian house tour and boy was it cold - it was worth it though, some of the houses were absolutely amazing...

yesterday, i did a cat-run for my sister which involved transporting 9 crates to a rescue in southern maryland - i wish i had taken more pictures cus some were pretty damn cute... at one point they were all meowing which was pretty funny... eric and i watched the redskins game and had a great dinner consisting of:
roasted chicken, salad, brown rice, and a baquette with light boursin cheese - thank you, honey... later i went home to finish hanging lights and garland on my balcony...

my sprained ankle is getting better, thank god, and the bruising is going away... i'm hoping to be back in gym-action by tomorrow - i was going to go today but was too busy here and i have to leave early tomorrow for a doctor's appt... perhaps i can make it to the 5:30pm spin class but we'll see... i've been doing well with food and am trying my hardest to stay on the low-side since i'm not exercising but i'm sure i won't see a loss this week... we'll see, i could be wrong...

happy monday...


Grumpy Chair  – (4:30 PM)  

We have an artificial tree so no real tree smell (which I love also). We recently switched to pine shavings for the kids' guinea pigs bedding (we were using the more expensive recycled stuff - but it is about 15.00 /more per bag and we change the bedding several times a week)anyway, I can now get that pine smell as long as the bedding doesn't need to be changed out.

Post a Comment