i wish i was a cherry blossom

ImageChef.com - Create custom images

happy friday, y'all - i'm so glad this week is over and even more glad that i have monday off... i'm heading to NJ this weekend to hangout w/my soon-to-married girlfriend and her maid of honor - not sure what our exact plans are but it will be nice to see them... i had to laugh because her mom sent an email about the bridal shower AND bachelorette party - i wasn't aware that mom's plannef those types of things but maybe i'm wrong... i just know that i will be putting a lot of miles on my car this summer and thank-god for ez-pass because i'm gonna need it... :o(

i went for a walk last night after work and even attempted to jog for a bit - i don't know about you but i find it much harder compared to the treadmill... either way, i WILL need to get used to it and thought i would do what i can, at least until my training starts next month... i'm also taking exercise clothes and my iPod with me this weekend and hope to get at least one walk in (weather depending)... :o)

i also burned some cd's for my roadtrip ~ justin timberlake and the killers ~ oh yea, i'll be rocking out on the turnpike, baby... question: what sort of stuff do YOU listen too while driving? music, books, podcasts? :op

have a great weekend...


Kelly  – (2:15 PM)  

have you heard the fray's cd? i love that!!

it is definitely harder to run outside. i like to run on the sidewalk so my feet can hit the same spots each time, it helps me to pace myself :) i also like running on flat surfaces, going up hill throws me all off! have a fun weekend!!

Greta  – (3:25 PM)  

Have a wonderful trip!! Be safe and have fun.
And thanks SO much for the Illustrator advice- I actually did wait before buyig/trying anything and I found Illus. on my computer! Now the fun of learning a new program.

Askazombiehousewife  – (4:55 PM)  

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Music
I'd probably listen to They might Be Giants
or maybe find a country station.
My tastes are wide :-)

Eileen  – (7:42 PM)  

Audio books are my favorite drive time pleasure. Weekly I spend about 6-8 hours in the car and thanks to a great federated library system I've enjoyed more books in the last year than ever before. On the iPod, a bit of everything - right now it's Gnarls Barkley, Gwen Stefani, Joss Stone, Anna Nalick, Talking Heads and Norah Jones.
Have a great rip and thanks for the scale advice, tomorrow I am headed to BB&B to check them out.

EC

Sizzle  – (8:02 PM)  

i wish i was a cherry blossom too!

i always bring too much music on the road and sometimes, i will bring some spoken word/comedy like david sedaris or margaret cho. i like to burn my own mixes for long drives.

have a great weekend!

Marathon Someday  – (10:15 PM)  

Great question! I love listening to a mix of really upbeat music, and also really mellow music. No Doubt, The Killers, The Libertines...and much to my husband's chagrin, I'll sneak in a Sarah Maclachlan CD or two.;-)

Anonymous –   – (3:40 PM)  

Have a great time with the girls and yeah you for starting to jog. It is much harder outside because of all the factors to consider, like temperature, wind and surface. the treadmill kind of pushes you along, outside it is all you. I loooove Justin, it's a great CD. On my iPod hmmmmmmmm I have Janet Jackson, 20 years, I have Tegan And Sara and lots of house music to get me in the mood to exercise :)

"The Captain"  – (11:15 PM)  

It sounds like trouble

Chris H  – (12:19 AM)  

Gawd, I'm old... I like the Bee Gees, some country and western (I can hear you moan), and just to throw you... Gwen Stefani,Britney Spears (OH NO!), and heaps more! lol

TrixieBelden  – (2:31 AM)  

embarrassingly enough I've been listening to Avril Lagvine and The All-American Rejects. I'm channeling my inner 12-year old! :)

Nice Guy  – (12:30 PM)  

Better hang out while u can, once married she might have a baby and then not have time to visit, I've seen it happen many times...

Make more personalized images on http://www.TXT2PIC.com :)

i i eee  – (2:06 PM)  

One of the reasons I hate the treadmill so much is that it's nothing in comparison to running in the great outdoors! And a lot more boring as well.

Have a fun trip!

Right now my car tunes seem to be very Yeah Yeah Yeahs-ish. Good times.

Dee  – (4:48 PM)  

It's awesome that you run at all what with your foot problems!

Post a Comment