random things

this will be a mish-mosh of things today since i feel yesterday's post was a bit heavy and serious... thanks for all your comments - i hope by expressing my thoughts will help you understand things better or perhaps see things in a different light... i would also like to think that i can have a small part in making things better for someone - maybe by expressing a feeling, or talking about a problem, discussing something i found to be really tasty, or even sharing an accomplishment that you may have thought about doing yourself... so we should share things, ask questions, and just have a good time because that's why i'm here - what about you?

i stole this
video from michelle, its the funniest and best fat girl rant ever... everything she says is so true and even resembles parts of my own post from yesterday... so take a moment (or 7 minutes!) and enjoy...

if you're looking for some new websites, check these out...

101 reason why i hate being fat
fitsugar
a weight lifted
image chef
my body is my temple
refrigerator raid

i'm usually not one to reward myself with things because i've always felt that you should treat yourself good all the time... BUT since i'm going to be training for a 5K (god, that sounds so weird), i have picked two things that i'm going to buy myself...

(1) after week 5, i'm going to buy myself the amazing grace 3-piece kit because i smelled it this weekend at sephora and it was heavenly...

(2) and after week 10 AND the race itself, i'm going to buy myself a custom pair of jeans because i will have gotten back into shape and hopefully, will have gone down a size... how cool is it to have a pair made just for your body type!

as for tv - i taped the season premier of workout last night so i have to watch that, plus the 1st two episodes of the riches... anyone watch it? is it any good or should i not waste my time? crap LOST is on tonight - so much to watch, so little time...

happy hump day...

p.s. i got my crocs today and i hate to say it, but i don't think i like them... ugh! maybe they're not meant for my type of feet and they aren't very soft - maybe i should've tried a pair on in the stores first... :o(


Eileen  – (12:03 PM)  

Thanks for the new sites, I am always looking for new inspiration and motivation.
I stop by regularly - it's a good read.

Sharla  – (12:41 PM)  

The jeans are so cool!!!
I think I need to come up with a goal so I can treat myself with a pair!

The smell of Grace is beautiful!
My daughter got it for Christmas and I sneak a spray or two-Shhh,
don't tell her-lol!

Thanks for the links!

Anonymous –   – (1:20 PM)  

thanks for the web sites, I will check them out. I think it is great to give ourselves little rewards for our accomplishments. You smart girl you :)

Askazombiehousewife  – (3:40 PM)  

I hear good things about four day win
One friend said it reminded me of some of my adviece but more in debth and I'd really like it.

Anonymous –   – (4:36 PM)  

Amazing Grace is my scent! I have the shampoo, conditioner, lotion and pink spray....you will love having it!

Sarah  – (4:55 PM)  

Those custom jeans look cool! Sounds like a good reward to me... good luck with your training!

Sizzle  – (11:49 PM)  

i love that idea of those goals and treating yourself with something pampering-like. :)

TrixieBelden  – (5:23 AM)  

thanks for posting the fat girl rant. i haven't felt this good about myself in years!

Paige  – (9:26 AM)  

thanks for the links, very cool!
i would LOVE to get custom jeans. maybe when i get to goal. i don't even know ehere to get them made

PearShapedGirl  – (10:59 AM)  

Those sound like great rewards for yourself, Jodi. You're going to deserve them for sure! Those custom jeans sound wicked! You'll have to show us some pics, of course. Sorry to hear that you didn't like your Crocs, maybe you just need to get used to them?

Take care,
PSG

Greta  – (1:26 PM)  

Great new sites!
You know, I bought crocs several years ago, just as they were becoming THE thing. And I never wear them. They are comfy for me but I just don't like how they look on my feet.....so you're not alone.

Paige  – (3:09 PM)  

thanks jodi, i don't know why id didn't see it as a link the first ime around

Kelly  – (4:22 PM)  

custom jeans sound wonderful! i bet they will fit like a glove :)

i tivoed workout too, i like that show. i'm a sucka for reality tv!!

Amanda  – (8:45 PM)  

i think those are great rewards! i love the idea of custom jeans, too bad they weren't available in canada :(

Bex  – (10:07 AM)  

love the sites, and you definitely deserve those rewards :)
And Jodi, thank you so so so so so much for all your support always.
Thank you, I seriously can't say it enough.
XO

Janet  – (8:39 AM)  

I saw the first ep of The Riches and I liked it. Well, what I saw of it anyway. My tivo thought it started a bit earlier than it had and I missed the final ending. Still have to watch ep two!

Post a Comment