you're stepping on my foot

i've had a HELLISH two days of commuting and sometimes i really hate having to depend on public transportation... last night, metro shutdown 2 stops from where i get off because of an 'emergency situation', so trains were offloaded and people were told they can take a shuttle bus... right! i never saw one in the 30 mins. i waited so thankfully, eric wasn't too far from where i was stranded and he came to get me (i treated him to dinner at baja)... then this morning, there was a fire in one of the tunnels so trains were sharing a track and things were delayed yet again - it took me almost 2 hours when it should only take me 45 minutes... ugh, i wish i lived closer so i could drive sometimes - at least i could listen to the radio... :-o

now onto bigger and better things... i have decided to start the C25K program when i get the go-ahead from my doctor (t-minus 12 days) - so many of you are doing it so i thought it would be a great way to get back into jogging... so if you're unfamiliar with the program, here's where you can find out more information --> www.coolrunning.com... and since i hate the way their table looks - i redesigned my own and can email you a copy if you'd like (pdf)... :o)

i'm happy the week is almost over even though eric's heading to pittsburgh friday - i get to catsit norman again so i guess that's one plus... i may go shopping w/a girlfriend - she is newly pregnant and in the need of some clothes but other than that, my weekend is free... i will also be seeing my niece, hopefully, just don't know when yet - my brother seems to not know how to use the telephone...

happy thursday...


Kelly  – (1:12 PM)  

good luck on C25K...i am on week 8. i love it.

Anonymous –   – (1:50 PM)  

I wish you luck on your running, I am stating this sunday but I would love for you to e-mail me what you made tweety55bird2002@yahoo.com
thanks

Ro  – (1:58 PM)  

Good luck starting to program. I think I want to give it a try.
I hate thier spreadsheet too, couold you send me yours rogetsfit@hotmail.com.

Askazombiehousewife  – (2:11 PM)  

Have fun shopping with your friend

PearShapedGirl  – (6:45 PM)  

Ugh, I feel bad for your Public Transit situation, doesn't sound fun at all! And I hope no one has really been stepping on your foot... I'll be starting to C25K in a couple weeks, April 2nd, so we can kind of do it together! I wish you all the best with it... I've given up on the program before, but I'm determined this time.

Take care,
PSG

Sizzle  – (7:34 PM)  

ha, your brother sounds like many of my friends. i admit to having phone phobia sometimes. :)

hope your weekend is restful.

Lori Moore  – (8:56 PM)  

I love reading your blog! I would love it if you would forward your chart for the C25K.

I am not a fan of phones either- how about an email to the bro?

Thanks!
Lori
lorimoore262@msn.com

Greta  – (7:24 AM)  

Good luck with the running program! And have fun kittysitting! MEOWWW.

Paige  – (8:39 AM)  

hey girl,
that sucks about the transit situation. on the other hand though....sometimes i would love to be able to sit and read my way to work rather then drive. mind you, with what you said about yesterdays commute i am happy enough alone in my little car, singing way out of tune to my own music.
good for you on running!

Ro  – (10:30 AM)  

Thanks so much...Have a great weekend!

Laura N  – (11:33 AM)  

HI Jodi, I found your blog through your comment on AngryFatGirlz. Just wanted to comment on C25K. Good luck! I did that program last year and made it to running 1 mile at a time, which was a big accomplishment for someone who weighed almost 200 pounds. I'll be starting it again soon. Have fun running!

Anonymous –   – (1:37 PM)  

thanks for your comment Jen, I will maybe just chalk up my weight gain to retaining water....who knows. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday to see :)

Rebecca  – (9:06 PM)  

i know this is a few days late...but either you never posted a full body shot before or i missed it but damn...you look smokin!!!

have a good weekend!!

Chris H  – (11:26 PM)  

Have fun doing the C25K.... not something I want to do ever, I just suck at jogging, nevermind running! Found your blog via another's , so "HI" from New Zealand.

Post a Comment