done deal

after pondering about this for weeks, i finally signed-up for weight watcher's eTools yesterday... the scale showed a 1 pound gain and though i was not angry (maybe my body is not used to jogging 6x/week?), i knew it was time to stop pretending that i can lose weight w/out tracking... did i really NEED to pay for a service, when i've managed fine on my own in the past? not really, but my health plan provided a $10 discount for a 3-month membership so i will give it a shot - plus, after doing the following calculation, its really a no-brainer... :op

$55/3 months --> $18.33/month --> $.61 cents/day

that's less than i pay for my daily cup-o-coffee so i feel its money well-spent... i've enjoyed getting to know how to use the points and activity tracker and from what i can see, i also have access to a lot of healthy recipes... i even added my very own last night - for dinner, i made mini-meatloaves out of turkey breast and it was really easy to add all the ingredients and have the points figured out for you... talk about awesome! i plan to use this feature a lot... :o)

so that's the latest news in my life - yesterday's C25K workout was hard, i think my body is finally catching-up to all this jogging (i managed 35 instead of my usual 40 mins)... my friend, who's not in the running club, wants to meet tonight after work so we'll see how that goes... saturday, the weather here is supposed to be in the 70s so after my run in the morning, eric and i are taking the bike out for a nice, long drive... our goal is to find an old diner somewhere and have lunch - we're not fancy people by any means which is one of the reasons why i love him so much... :o)

happy thursday...


Kim  – (10:44 AM)  

Hey Jodi! Don't sweat the gain. I'm sure it is just your body adjusting to all of the running. I'm anxious to hear what you think of the etools. I've been going back and forth lately about going back to ww - I just don't know...

Hope you have a great day!

Paige  – (11:25 AM)  

I joined up with WW, doing the monthly pass. It slightly freaks me out that I'm paying $70 for weight loss (30 for gym. 40 for WW) BUT I guess it is worth it in the end.

The first week on WW I had a 2 pound GAIN, felt slightly bad, but the next week I lost 3.2, so I figure it was just my body transitioning ;-)

Sizzle  – (11:29 AM)  

a long drive and a diner lunch sounds pretty fab to me.

Anonymous –   – (12:48 PM)  

I love etools and you did spend your money wisely, once you have it and use it you can't live with out it. I believe what you saw on the scale was definetly because of your running, don't worry it is normal :) Have a great day

Askazombiehousewife  – (1:19 PM)  

WW was worth it for me. I tweeked it to get it to work for me.

Kate  – (2:35 PM)  

I know loads of people who signed up to Etools and really like it. I have started tracking on a different blog to my main blog, I find as soon as I stop tracking I totally go off the rails. 1lb is nothing, you'll run that off in no time.

Foo  – (5:35 PM)  

oooh....glad you tried eTools, the recipe builder is the best part. As with everyone else...I'm thinking the running is making you retain water.
~Foo

TrixieBelden  – (9:03 PM)  

Hey, congrats on the 40 minutes instead of your usual 35! That's awesome. No worries about the 1 pound gain, I'm sure its just muscle.

If WW and etools is something that you think will be effective for you, then I think it is great you signed up for it. I have had a terrific experience with both since August 2006, but its my first time on WW so I don't know what its like to track on my own. I'm a little scared of doing that.

Carolyn  – (7:39 AM)  

I also saw a gain this morning and was stumped...I thought I had been doing so great all week. I've decided though that I need to sit down and really re evaluate my meal plans and start measuring again....sometimes you get so used to something that you start getting sloppy.
Keep up the great work with the running, you are doing a fantatsic job. The bike ride and diner find sound like such a great day. Enjoy the nice weather!

Kelly  – (9:29 AM)  

i've never tried etools...let me know how it goes. i usually just do the points in my head but even then sometimes i cheat and don't count the handful of cheese or the scoop of PB i eat. oops! don't tell.

Dee  – (10:01 AM)  

$.61/day is a small,tiny price to pay to be a healthier you! I envy the recipe builder. I tend to ignore any recipe that doesn't have the NI listed and I know I'm missing out on some good food!

Post a Comment