she did what?!

who would've thought that Oprah - the queen of all media and the woman that makes more money than all of us will ever see (combined) - STILL has a weight problem... i'm not making fun of her or wishing her any ill-will but have to admit that the news makes me feel a bit more normal... maybe that's not the right adjective but i'm sure you know what i mean... i'm anxious to read her magazine article but if you'd like to read more, you can go here or here...

i really liked this quote --> "when it comes to maintaining my health I didn't just fall off the wagon. I let the wagon fall on me ... I didn't follow my own fundamental rule of taking care of self first."

how many of you can say that this has happened to you? for me - fell off the wagon? check... stopped taking care of self first? check... they seem like such fundamental things, right? but they're not because it takes a lot of work to be 100% 24/7 and that holds true even for people like Ms. Oprah... so many of us (myself included) are afraid to admit mistakes esp. when it comes to weightloss... who wants to look like a failure, or as someone that gave up, or lost hope? certainly not me but it's still hard to do and that will always be something i have to work on... one thing that HAS helped over the years, however, has been blogging and having such great online support... i have learned that i'll never be alone in this battle (or any other for that matter) so thank you for being there for me... :)

happy tuesday...


Vickie  – (7:45 PM)  

I caught a part of a commercial/preview in which I thought I heard her say - it is like there is a brown elephant in the room that no one mentions.

And - would she really be holding off until JANUARY to start working on it? Just to make a good kick off show? - vs working on it today??? Where is the priority, putting herself first in that?

Fatinah  – (8:14 PM)  

just goes to show when it comes to losing weight, we really are all on a level playing field. She has a gabillion $$ at her disposal, but she still has to find it within her. As I do. And many of us....I boycott all things Oprah, so I won't be seeing her anything about this....but I will be watching your blog for a recap! HAHA

Future Me  – (9:17 PM)  

Wow thank you for sharing this. I know that excuse, well if I had a trainer and a personal chef and this and that is easy to use, but look, Oprah has all of that and she still struggles. Definitely makes me feel like she's human. And what we all go through is normal. :)

Carolyn  – (7:16 AM)  

Ohh I can't wait to read this article in O Magazine. You are so right, it just goes to show you that money can't fix everything and some of us are stuck with these "fundamental" problems like weight whether we like it or not. It's so interesting though to hear someone who is in the spotlight talk about their weight problem.

Take One Stripper Pole  – (12:40 PM)  

I am glad she said something ... I am sure that every day on her show was a reminder ... but sometimes we avoid the obvious ... or better yet ignore. I think I am Jessica Biel all the time! :) Just need the outside to catch up. I look forward to reading the article.

Teresa  – (1:58 PM)  

Yup sad but true, itis all in our own hands. We make the choices plain and simple. Have a great day.

Teresa  – (1:58 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca  – (10:42 AM)  

playing the devils advocate.

oprah oprah..

i dont know.

first off, i think she weights more than 200 lbs.

it's like when Kirstie Alley tried to tell us she weighed only 200 lbs.

secondly, whats with all this rally-ing of the troops. she's going on the gayle king show on xm, now an article.

sometimes it's enough already. i wonder if she truly wants to be healthy or if she feels the need to fit into Hollywoods ideal.

regardless of that, i do feel for her.

i couldnt imagine being in the lime light and dealing with weight issues.

Juice  – (3:34 PM)  

Oh, I think I needed to read today's post just for this little snippet "take care of self first." Hmmm, I have been staying up late to take care of holiday and other obligations, missing sleep and exercise due to general busy-ness (and bad weather) AND have recently been really struggling with poor eating and binge behaviors. Coinkydink? I think not. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to bed early tonight.

Post a Comment