today is pointless

besides the fact that my company is lame and will not close over the holidays (we're open when the stock market is open), i am here with nothing to do... even if i HAD work to do - i doubt i would do it anyway because it's the day after xmas and it's friday - puhlease! i took my time getting to work this morning, after my chiro appt, bought myself a bagel and coffee at au bon pain (the only place open it seems), and will soon plan out my day... which really means, figure out what i'll be watching online (www.fancast.com)... i did bring my workout clothes and in hopes that the gym is open, i plan on having a good workout esp. since they closed early on xmas eve and i did nothing but eat yesterday... :)

christmas was great - eric bought me a new camera and i can't get over at how much smaller and lighter it is compared to my old one... i will miss my flip-screen but having one that is twice as large and having a camera with twice as many mega pixels will make up the difference... he said that i have more presents coming next weekend, when we celebrate w/his family in pittsburgh, but it's always an issue since i feel xmas here should be ours and where we open all the gifts... he seems to think we should open some there too - maybe someday we'll come to a compromise... :)

my mom came down around 3:00 and stayed til almost 9:00 - dinner came out well though i have a ton of leftovers in my fridge right now... she got me a bunch of little things and a steamer which is awesome - i've been wanting one for a while so now i can iron stuff w/out using an iron... we also made a huge batch of caramel corn last night - my mom is the type that has to do the same thing each holiday... make a ton of cookies, hard candy, fudge, peanut brittle, caramel corn - regardless if people say they don't need it, she makes it anyway because that's just what you do... :)

tonight, my brother is having the whole family over for dinner and that's where we'll exchange more presents (and eat more food and sweets - ugh!)... then my sister and nieces are coming home with me and staying the weekend - we have a busy day planned tomorrow with thrift store shopping, lunch w/eric, and more shopping... i'm not complaining by any means, mind you, when we're all together - we can be quite the bargain shoppers... :)

thought i'd post some pics from yesterday...

santa was good to eric this year and got him a new motorcycle jacket...


finally a blanket we can both fit under (which i made, thank you very much!)...


tyler wasn't very thrilled to wear this (plus it was too small!)...


pardon the hair but look at my new camera!


greek walnut pie for dessert - yum-o!


"i really hate it when she makes me model..."


where is everyone (a view of the metro this morning)...


i hope you all had a wonderful christmas and enjoy your weekend... :)


Mom of Two Boys  – (11:04 AM)  

Looks like you had a great Christmas (so far). Hope you have a great time at your brother's tonight as well.

Happy Holidays :)

Dawn  – (10:33 PM)  

I had to work today also and it sucked...there was no work to do and like ou said it was pointless....oh well, at least I'm off this weekend ;) and I got paid for doing nothing!

Vickie  – (8:44 AM)  

loved the pics - glad you had a good day!

Sharla  – (2:56 PM)  

Cute pictures! Hope your shopping was fun. Drive safe to Pa!

Post a Comment