300 and counting

thought i would share a pic of my zero point soup from last night, there was enough for 4 lunches (i'm taking friday off)! since i knew soup wouldn't be enough, i also had cottage cheese and blueberries - quite the healthy lunch, if i do say so myself... and it was the easiest recipe ever - i just dumped all the ingredients into to my slow-cooker, put it on high, and let it do it's thing for 5 hours... :o)

yesterday was good - spent some time w/my girlfriend and her 3-month old baby, owen... he is adorable and she seems to be handling motherhood quite well... we used to work together and it was always me talking about getting married and having kids - she wanted no part of the 'raising children' thing... then her hubby turned 40 and she was on the verge of turning 36 so they decided to give it a try - 2 months later, bingo... anyway, it was good to see her and catch-up on things...

the rest of the day was spent shopping w/eric for his family's christmas presents since we're heading to pittsburgh this weekend for their festivus... i bought some starbucks gift cards for his nieces and tried their new 'skinny' latte, which makes it much easier for me to order my usual grande, skim, no-sugar vanilla version... eric was also trying on colognes so by the time we got to the car, he smelled like the men's fragrance dept... goof-ball...

and regards to football - both games were good but neither the skins nor the steelers could pull-through and win at the end (the skins just got creamed!)... i'm going to miss my sunday football games so it's time to find something else to do... good thing racing starts next month... ;o)

as for today, work was busy but i made it to the gym and was able to jog for 45-minutes... since the tv in front the good treadmill does not get the channel with ellen, i have to watch as the world turns - talk about amusing... nothing like watching a good, trashy soap opera to distract you while exercising... :o)

happy monday...

p.s. happy 300th post to me! incredible! :o)


Trish  – (8:31 PM)  

The soup looks delish!

Martalu  – (8:42 PM)  

Mmmmm....that soup looks awesome! I will try that next week.

Sorry about your teams. :( My team has never been to the post-season, but I imagine losing then SUCKS harder than losing in the regular season. Do you watch NASCAR?

Have fun having another festivus! FUN!

Rebecca  – (9:27 PM)  

hey jodi!

just wanted to say thanks for still stopping by.

glad to see a couple of good bloggers are still rooting me on!

Carolyn  – (7:45 AM)  

Wow! 300 posts!! That IS incredible!

Thanks for the recipe for the soup...it looks great!!

~Laura  – (10:17 AM)  

The soup looks yummy! 300 posts -now that is some dedication.

marie  – (10:50 AM)  

I feel like such a bad WW for having never made 0 point soup!

Askazombiehousewife  – (12:19 PM)  

congrts on posting

glad you had fun getting gifts

the soups look yum

Kim  – (12:59 PM)  

WOW! 300 posts and still going strong!!!!

I hope that you have a great time in Pittsburgh!! :)

Kate  – (1:21 PM)  

Happy 300th post, go you!

I love my slow-cooker, I swear I wouldn't know what to do without it on busy nights!

Teresa  – (2:54 PM)  

Wow 300, good for you. Soup looks delish!!!!

Trish  – (3:56 PM)  

BTW, meant to say congrats on your 300th post :)

Kim L  – (4:37 PM)  

The soup looks really yummy! I made 1-point taco soup last week with a recipe from my meeting leader. It was awesome!

Sorry your teams are out. Actually, I'm not. I'm a Cowboys fan through and through. :)

Post a Comment