weigh-in

good lord... i know i went overboard on sunday but doubt that would cause a 2.6 pound gain this week - perhaps my carefree weekends are catching up with me after all... or perhaps it's because after friday, i stop keeping track and using my eTools... it could be a lot of things but i certainly don't want that number to keep going up, so my goal for this week is to be more responsible... and even though i still haven't decided on when to stop weightloss-wise - i DO know that IF i want to lose a few more pounds, i have to be accountable for what i eat... just writing that seems daunting but it's true - if you set a goal, you're never going to get there unless you work at it every, single day... anyway, just some random thoughts for this wednesday... :o)

a few days ago, i was contacted (as i'm sure most of you were as well) by a new weightloss community website called wegohealth... i haven't dove into the site very deep but there seems to be a lot of good resources, message boards, and links to other blogs... check it out if you have some time... :o)

i know it's been a while since i've reviewed any new items but i did notice that hungry girl has a whole list of new products worth checking out - one item being the new flatbread melt from lean cuisine... weight watchers has also come out with a new line called fruit inspirations that contains real fruit... and last but not least, i found a new fiber one bar last night while shopping at target - oats & caramel - can't wait to try it later (afternoon snack)... :o)

happy hump day...

update: (1) just had my afternoon snack and have to say, the new fiber-one bar is good but i think i prefer the peanut butter flavor... (2) ran 4 miles today on the treadmill in under 43 minutes - i feel great! :o)


Trish  – (10:19 AM)  

Well at least you realize what you're doing right? You could be avoiding the scale but you are accountable to yourself.

Weekends are the hardest. Although they're great to get away from work...they are awful for my diet, lol.

*Bitch Cakes*  – (10:39 AM)  

Hey Jodi- I agree with you 10 million percent: You need to focus on the behaviors. That's what takes the weight off. I always tell people that instead of having a goal like " I want to lose 10 pounds this month"; a much better goal is "I want to eat healthy and exercise this whole month". Whatever comes off as a result is great. But it's the BEHAVIORS we need to focus on. The numbers will follow.

I have written to Lean Cuisine already and will also write to WW too - I love their new choices BUT there are NONE without meat! They all contain meat! I can't believe that they can't offer a single non-meat option. Argh...

Those fiber one bars are a-ma-zing. But be warned: They are very delicious. I cannot buy them because I eat the whole box. And at 7 (or is it 9) grams of fiber per bar, that is not a fun time...

Anyway, Keep up the great work!

Teresa  – (11:21 AM)  

I'm sure you will take care of this gain in no time at all. You've got the right attitude.

I'll keep an eye out for those bars. Unfortunately we don't have many choices in diet food products here in Canada.

Chris H  – (1:22 PM)  

I am going out today to find some new and exciting foods to eat that are low in points.... that fiber bar sounds delicious... caramel! Good luck losing those pesky few pounds, I'm sure you can.

Rebecca  – (1:24 PM)  

i have to 100% agree with you.

accountability man...and every day! i have the same issues regarding the weekends so i know how tough it is to break those barriers.

keep up the awesome work!

Unknown  – (2:16 PM)  

You are so dead on with your "doing it every day" comment. I think sometimes I just get tired of working hard at it and in my laziness or lack of zeal I slack off and suddenly see a gain. The good thing that you do is to step on the scale and just own up.......I, on the other hand, avoid the scale until it's too late and then freak out!

This really is a lifelong journey that takes constant commitment.

So do you like spin class - I swear I have become addicted. I'm there an hour before class starts to make sure I get a bike.......the hubby thinks I've totally flipped out but it feels great to finally have an exercise that I enjoy!

I can't wait to hear your review on the new Fiber One bars - I almost bought some but I struggle to say NO to the whole box at once.......goodness knows that i don't need any extra temtpation right now - LOL

Good luck and keep plugging along!!

eurydice  – (2:41 PM)  

too bad about the gain - i think these things do catch up with you... at least you know what you gotta do right!

Shelley  – (2:58 PM)  

Hi Jodi! Hey...at least you aren't in denial and putting your head in the sand.

You could always join me on my Monday morning weigh-ins for a while. I swear...it's effective...it's hard to not be focused on the weekend when you know you have an appt with the scale bright and early Monday morn!

Hugs,

Kate  – (3:47 PM)  

Oh My the oats and caramel bars are delish, you will love them!

As far as that gain, it looks like you know why you gained, and how your going to fix it, so your totally, totally on the right track....great for you! Weekends tend to be a problem for alot of people, so your not alone. Talk to Carolyn over at One Pound at a time, she struggles alot on weekends.

HappyBlogChick  – (4:34 PM)  

Oohhhh, I love those bars.

Bummer about the gain, but good for you on seeing a problem and making a plan to make a change. Super attitude. Go you!

Dee  – (5:16 PM)  

Yup, carefree weekends are a problem for me too. I sure hope we can both break that habit!

Kelly  – (7:22 PM)  

good job on the run! :) dont worry about the gain, as long as you can get control over it it will be gone soon.

the chicken pesto flatbread melt is SO cheesy and yummy. the fruit inspirations honey bbq chicken - not a fan. and i agree, i like the chocolate & peanut butter fiber one bars better!

Kim  – (11:26 PM)  

pffft - I can beat your 2.6!!!!! :)

I have no fear that you will take that off and then some just to show that scale who's boss!!

I also want to thank you for your support today. Thanks for making me feel better, because you really did. :) Big hugs back at 'ya!!!!

Unknown  – (9:46 AM)  

that was an awesome run!!

Also.... I hate counting the calories, but every time I stop I gain weight. BOO. hahah.

Carolyn  – (2:59 PM)  

Don't sweat the loss, sounds like you know what you're doing wrong, you just need the motivation to do it. I've been there. Frig I was there all summer. The weekends are the WORST! I had one of those stop-counting-and-eat-and-drink-whatever-you-like weekends. They need to sotp. When did it become so hard to stay within your points on the weekend?? I can't even remember. It just became a habit. An awful one. hopefully on e weekend will lead to 2 and that will lead to 4. We'll get there!!

Carolyn  – (2:59 PM)  

PS The Fiber one Peanut butter ones are still my fav!

Unknown  – (7:07 PM)  

It never ends, does it? Whether we're trying to lose or maintain, it seems we always have to keep ourselves on a relatively tight leash. Sigh.

Congrats on your awesome run!

Post a Comment