snow and bye-bye LA Weightloss

thought i would share a picture of what i found at the metro station tonight... thankfully, the roads were just wet so driving home was manageable... kinda pretty, right? the snow is very heavy and wet - would make a purrfect snowman... :o)

and i just read that LA Weightloss is officially out of business... i'm not sure how many of you had gone down that road but i'm not afraid to admit i signed-up back on NYE 2004... they suckered $350+ out of me and then proceeded to badger me about buying their products (what's so special about THEIR bars anyway?)... and ontop of that - their plan sucked! i was hungry ALL THE TIME... i think after 3 weeks, i said, "screw the money, i need to try something else" and the rest is history... i do realize that many people have had success on their program, it just wasn't for me...

anyhoo, back to catching-up on my blogs... have a good night! :o)


TrixieBelden  – (8:07 PM)  

i miss snow *sniff* thanks for the photo

Askazombiehousewife  – (8:49 PM)  

The photo was cute.

I never tried the LA weightloss plan. I blogged about them today as well.
They weren't as good as WW because WW had a pay as you go plan and WW leaders had to have gone through the program and many LA weight loss counselors from what I hear some were sweet and well meeting but some were often clueless when it came to eating healthy. I feel bad though that many lost their jobs on Christmas. I also feel bad that many costumers won't be getting product they paid for.

Kate  – (8:39 AM)  

Ahh snow,we don't have any right now, but it is freaking cold.

I never tried LA Weight loss, but it doesn't surprise me alot of the "crash diets" are going out of business as people get wiser and wiser to healthy eating ways.

Caroline  – (10:48 AM)  

I wish some of that snow would come visit me! And I did an LA WeightLoss type program in high school. It doesn't sound like ti was as bad, but it certainly wasn't for me!

Carolyn  – (11:48 AM)  

So pretty!

LA Weight loss...hmmm I remember my Mom did it years ago but didn't lose much weight and paid a fortune!!Why do that when you can sign up for WW and eat regular food?!?!

Glad you are back at the gym! Keep it up, it gets easier!

Unknown  – (12:12 PM)  

I heard that they went under - but right before, they took a lot of people's money to capitalize on the new years resolutions! Ick!

In any case, a male friend of mine used LA Weight Loss with great success, but man... when I looked at his food journal I knew I'd starve on that program! (Plus you're right - their bars and such were loaded with all kinds of weird unpronouncable ingredients.)

I say good riddance! ;)

As for the snow.... I'm glad we don't get it here.... but it sure is pretty!

Trish  – (4:20 PM)  

jodi, that photo is beautiful!

Living to Feel Good  – (4:43 PM)  

Beautiful!! Seriously that picture is awesome.

Don't know much about LAWL, so I'm not upset.

Candace MacPherson  – (8:36 AM)  

What a beautiful picture. I went out for a short jog last night and was thinking how I wished I could capture it snowing on camera.

A friend just joined LA Weightloss last month. I sent her the news article link and am sure I'll hear from her soon. She was just bragging to me about how it was cheaper than Weight Watchers (since I've been paying since May) - she's calling now. Gotta go.

Marathon Someday  – (9:43 AM)  

I don't know much about LA Weightloss - I wonder if they've closed in Canada too? I saw a few stores when I was driving around this weekend.

Anyway, I hope you had a snow-free and wonderful weekend!

HappyBlogChick  – (1:20 PM)  

I hadn't heard about LA Weight Loss - interesting. How in the world did it become the country’s largest weight loss chain, I wonder?

Nice pic!

*Bitch Cakes*  – (11:32 AM)  

I hadn't heard about LA Weight Loss, but I'm kinda glad to hear it.

In between signing up for WW, I too, had joined them briefly in '99. I don't remember what I spent but I do remember thinking:

a) It was over-priced
b) It was very difficult going there 3 times a week
c) I was starving. STARVING. Try being vegetarian on that plan- they promote eating a lot of meat. Guess what vegetarians get? Almost nothing. Half of what the meat eaters ate.

On second thought, I'm THRILLED they're out of business.

Post a Comment