weigh-in

forgive me for complaining about NOT gaining weight this week but i certainly don't think i deserve a 0.6 pound loss... after my weight-workout last week, i was unable to walk without wincing in pain til at least sunday so yesterday was my first day back to the gym... i was also out of town this weekend at my sister's and we all know how that goes - between a pantry full of chips and cookies, and my mom decided to make bread pudding one night... holy moly... anyway, at least the scale is moving in the the right direction and getting me closer to my goal... :o)

speaking of goals - how many of you are 5-10 pounds away and find yourself pretty happy/content where you are right now? would losing 5 more pounds make that much of a difference in your clothes? or is getting to that ideal number more important to you? i've found myself struggling w/this as of late because even though i'm still exercising - my diet has not been 100% perfect since before the holidays and i'm still in the same range... i feel good and i think i look pretty good so when does a person say, "when"... just throwing that out there for discussion, really haven't decided anything yet... :o)

work has been busy and my weekends have been busy, went to see my sister and dad this past weekend because i had monday off... it was ZERO degrees there on sunday night and cold is not the word for it! holy cow, it was freezing! i got to spend some time w/my nieces and we all shared some good laughs, including going through my old fisher-price stuff that my sister has been storing for me... my dad is doing okay, no worse and no better, so at least i got to spend a few hours with him... :o)

i still haven't taken my christmas decorations down but that will be happening this weekend... it makes me sad just to think about it but i think i've overstayed my holiday welcome, so to speak... i will miss the tree lights for sure... :o(

oh, a quick note - eric was over on friday night and i wanted to watch 'how to look good naked' so he watched it with me... not only did we watch an episode but we watched TWO of them - he actually said, "this is a really good show" and i agree... even though it's still a bit high on the cheese-level, it's helping women think about the positive things instead of all the negative things about their body... just thought i'd share - it's not just women that think it's a good show... :o)

happy hump day...


Sarah  – (11:37 AM)  

It's different for everyone I guess. I am about 7 lbs above my goal and I am pretty desparate to get there. Once upon a time (actually, almost exactly one year ago) I was about 10 lbs lighter and I bought these two pairs of jeans which now, at only a 7lb difference are just slightly too tight to wear. So yeah, in my case, the 7lbs is making a difference.

I also think the difference might be that I WAS there once, and let it get away on me, so it makes it extra important that I get there.

Shannon  – (11:38 AM)  

Hey Jodi,
I hear you about deciding on when you are at an ideal weight. I have lost quite a bit of weight and everyone tells me I look great. It is harder for me to stay motivated. I don't have a number in my mind. I have been fat all my life, so I just want to get to a point where I have a flat stomach and to feel comfortable in a swim suit. It's frustrating because I want to be there already. This weight loss thing has been going on for two plus years. Hang in there. I am sure you will make the decision that is best for you.
Shannon

Kelly  – (11:43 AM)  

i was reading in one of my magazines, self i think. it said women have a goal weight and a happy weight. it said you need to find your happy weight that may not necessarily match the magic number you have in your head. it's always something to strive for though - that magic number. i don't know either. i just know when i get comfortable in my clothes & with the scale i tend to slack off in the diet department....just have to stay on top of it i guess.

Sizzle  – (12:43 PM)  

my boyfriend loves the show too. it IS a great show- it's very positive which inspires me.

eurydice  – (12:53 PM)  

i've only seen the british version of that show... for some weird reason.

if you are happy with how you look and feel then you should relax a little. for me that last 5 pounds made a big difference on my appearance, self-esteem, and the fit of my clothes so it was something i definitely wanted to take care of.

TrixieBelden  – (1:29 PM)  

I know how you feel about the last 5 lbs. I felt similarly when I was really close to my WW goal, which was really an arbitrary goal I plucked off some height/weight chart. I think you might want to look at it as - "is this a weight I am comfortable maintaining for the long term." Because it is tough to go from focusing on losing to focusing on maintaining. I guess it's just a matter of whether or not you are going to be happy living at the weight you are at right now, or if you are going to always wonder what those last 5 lbs. would have been like. No one can answer that question for you. We just want you to love yourself (and your body) and be content. If you are at that place now - then I say screw the last 5 lbs. and embrace all that you have accomplished! :)

Teresa  – (2:01 PM)  

Congrats on the loss. Great for being away and out of the routine.
Ah the last 5 pounds why is that always such a huge mountain? Whatever makes you happy is whats most important. Be kind to yourself. All the best.

Unknown  – (3:06 PM)  

Haha, I'm beginning to feel that way eventhough I'm 15 lbs above my goal weight! Am I lazy for not getting any closer before I become content? I don't know.. I'm struggling with this lately! I feel like I either need to put my nose to the grindstone and drop some more weight, or accept myself at this weight and be content... but to quit with the limbo.

Anyhoo...

I made The Cub watch that program too and he agreed -it's a cheesy, but great show!

Unknown  – (3:06 PM)  

PS: congrats on your loss!!

Chris H  – (4:06 PM)  

I found that being within 10 pounds of 'goal' was awesome enough for me! I just need to get back there! How to Look Good Naked... cool show!

Kim L  – (4:40 PM)  

I'm nowhere near what I would call a goal, but I think if your body is happy, you should feel content with stopping.

We had snow in Atlanta also, but it wasn't as pretty as that. It was our first actual snow (not ice, sleet, or freezing rain) since I moved here 9 years ago.

Sharla  – (8:29 PM)  

Last year, my goal was 135. I got to 137, then got sick. I maintained around 142 till just around the holidays and went up to 150. I'm now back to 147.

I felt I looked ill at 137. I like how 140 felt and the extra 7lbs really make a difference. My clothes do not fit. I feel puffier.
I wasn't allowed to exercise, so all tone was lost. Just now getting back into it

Take One Stripper Pole  – (10:09 PM)  

At least the scale is moving in the right direction! I love that show ... I agree on the cheese factor too .... but I have heard a lot of guys say positive things!

Rebecca  – (10:22 PM)  

hey!

love the new look and yeah for the loss!!!

Kim  – (10:57 PM)  

Congrats on the loss!! Wooo-hooo!!!

As for the question of the "last 5 pounds"...
Personally, I'm too far away yet to know what I'll think for myself. But I do think it comes down to reaching a weight where you feel good about yourself, you are healthy, and you have the tools and lifestyle in place to maintain the weight for the long haul. That's your magic number. :)

p.s.
Love the new look too!!!

Kate  – (9:09 AM)  

First of all congrats on the loss, I know it's not much, but the closer you get to goal, the more it will slow down. So that is wonderful!

As far as being happy where your at. I was totally there in July when I threw in the towel, and tried to maintain. But after gaining a little back (luckily it was only a little!) I decided I really did want to get to goal (but I did revise that goal from 137 to 142). I know it might seem like it will take forever, but just remember, it's not a sprint.

Unknown  – (10:42 AM)  

All I can say is that if you don't want the loss then pass it this way - LOL. I really have to get my head back in the game.......not real sure what my prob is!

I'm with you on How To Look Good Naked - that Carson guy is really cheesy but I love the premise behind the show. I actually cried the first time I watched it because I can so identify.......I'm never happy and I hate the way my body looks - I'm trying to change that because it really is a miserable way to live! Glad that the BF liked it - tell him he isn't alone - my hubby thinks it's okay too!

HUGS!

Post a Comment