end of another week

the stupid VEIP place was closed this morning, for veterans day, but that's a good thing because i found out i can get an extension and NOT have to pay the $15 late fee... yaa hoo, that's good news.... i took my time getting ready since they didn't open til 8:30, got some coffee at 7-11 and was all ready to read my USAToday while in line... but i didn't have too and was here by 9:15 anyway...oh well, maybe i can sneak out early instead...

i had great success with finding new glasses last night, they are cooler than cool and should be ready by tuesday... i had tried on several pair and kept coming back to the same ones so i took that as a sign - you know when you know, right? they were having a 50% frame/lens sale but surprisingly, my insurance came out w/a better price and i ended up paying under $200... that leaves me with some extra money in my flex account so now i can use it for drs. appts. etc which is another good thing... :o)

i finally made my turkey meatloaf last night and it was super tasty, here's the recipe if anyone would like to try it... you can add whatever veggies you like, i thought spinach would be a good addition...

1 lb. ground lean turkey
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1 chopped onion
1 egg
1 package of chopped spinach, thawed, and drained
splash of worshestire

1 tsp. oregano
1 clove garlic
salt/pepper

preheat oven to 375, combine ingredients, form into loaf, and bake for about an hour... for those doing WW, i calculated it to be 4 points per serving (based on 8 slices total)...

my weekend plans consist of hanging out w/the boyfriend, going to a 'toy' party at my girlfriend's in baltimore (sorry but i don't think i could EVER pay $80 for a vibrator!), relaxing, and watching football on sunday... hopefully the skins will have another win and since they're playing the eagle, that should be easy... :o)

here are some friday tidbits, enjoy...

-
yahoo has launched a new food site
-
new lean cuisine cafe classic bowls
-
for runners, here's a list of 15 foods you need each week for better performance
-
and just for fun, this is the funniest cat picture ever

have a great weekend everyone... TGIF...


i i eee  – (5:00 PM)  

ooh turkey loaf. I've been looking into loaves of meat recipes recently. This looks like a good and simple recipe! Yum!

Belladora  – (10:15 AM)  

Thank you for your words of encouragement on my blog! Have a wonderful weekend.

Twisted Cinderella  – (12:22 PM)  

great recipe! I am saving that to give a try!!

http://skinniereverafter.braveblog.com/

Living to Feel Good  – (1:41 PM)  

Jodi, I've been meaning to tell you for a week that your new picture of you is HOT!!! This is the best picture of you yet!!

Also thanks for listing the new LC. Last time I found out about the brick house pizzas through your blog which are still hard to find here. I love the mushroom one, but it's never in stock. I'll have to look for the bowls today, when we go shopping.
Make sure you post a pic of you with the new glasses!:D

Rebecca  – (6:36 PM)  

hey!

thanks for the fyi on the yahoo food site...very cool!!!

oh, and how was the toy party? i've never been to one but i heard they are fun!!!

have a great beginning to the new week!

Chris  – (1:27 PM)  

I love the LC Three Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni. It is a staple in my freezer for emergency's.

I have tried running but I keep tearing my knee up. I am walker, but a runner at heart.

jeannie*  – (3:14 PM)  

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog.... Its just great to have that extra push!

And while you've been so nice to me... being a philly girl I have to say something... GO EAGLES :)

But all football aside, thanks again :)

Post a Comment