tornados in DC?

my coworker ordered the new dominos brooklyn-style pizza today and i only had ONE slice... ONE... good thing because according to their website, there's over 450 calories and 22 grams of fat PER SLICE... sometimes it really sucks finding out this information but i think in the end, it helps put things in proportion... like for 450 calories i could have X, Y, and Z or one slice of pizza... it really makes you think about what goes into your mouth...

i had my glasses adjusted last night and they are STILL too tight, maybe i'm just being overly sensitive since they don't have hinge-arms... either way, there's a location right down the street from me so i'm going to stop by after work... at least they haven't seen me there and won't think i'm crazy... i also saved a praying mantis' life last night, so i was feeling pretty good after my pilates class... not sure how i saw him but he was walking across the parking lot and i thought he would get run over, so i moved him to the grassy bank... it made me feel good and yes, i'm a silly animal lover...

i'm taking tomorrow off so my mom and i can visit my sister in western maryland... i'll also have a chance to see my dad who's in a nursing home out there, its always good to see him but difficult because he suffers from dementia and isn't always with it... he still recognizes me but i'm sure he won't for much longer... i got my sense of humor from him but you could never tell since he barely talks anymore... and i also have his blue eyes so at least we can still share that... :o)

hope you have a great rest of the week!


Cowgirl Warrior  – (2:22 PM)  

My mom had dementia, she passed away about 4 years ago. It's tough when they no longer recognize you, I liked to think that she still knew me on different level.

jeannie*  – (2:44 PM)  

Way to go only eating 1 piece of pizza. That's a big accomplishment! Have fun with your mom and sister tomorrow, and try to enjoy your time with your dad... even though I can only imagine how hard that must me.

Sizzle  – (10:37 PM)  

one slice of pizza! that's no small feat. :) sincerely.

thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. you've got a fantastic smile!

Kim  – (11:06 PM)  

First, I think that your new specs look FAB on you! :)

You're doing a great job - stopping at one slice of pizza, now that's strength. :)

Living to Feel Good  – (11:15 PM)  

WOW!! Now that is impressive..only 1 slice. Good for you!! I always say I will do that, but I always end up eating 2-4 slices.

ANd how cute you saved a praying mantis life. I do the same kind of things. :D

Rebecca  – (9:13 PM)  

oh my god! you've been so busy! i feel like i'm so behind!

you look sssssooooo SNAZZY with that hair cut and those glasses....RRRRAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

have a good weekend!

Post a Comment