stitches are out

well my stitches are out and i go back in another 3 weeks to see how things are progressing, nothing like seeing the actual pins on the xrays they took - talk about strange... i completely forgot to ask about exercise but am pretty sure i can't do anything that will put direct force on the toes, like the treadmill or eliptical, so i'm going to start weights tomorrow and then see if can manage the bike on thursday... i did my pilates workout last night too so things are going as well as can be expected... :o)

work has been quiet so i'm finding it hard to stay busy, esp. with the boss being out this week... i need to bring a book or something and i know that sounds terrible but seriously, there's nothing for me to work on... the only thing breaking up today is a going-away party at 3:30pm where i'm sure they're going to have some fattening cake... at least the pants i'm wearing today are baggy so that's a good thing... :o)

and i know i haven't posted many tidbits lately but hungry girl has listed a bunch of new stuff on her site, including 100-calorie pack granola bars and bumblebee chicken breast...

happy tuesday...

p.s. i forgot to mention that i ordered 'you on a diet' and can't wait to read it - has anyone else read it? i'm not really looking for a new plan but i've just heard great things about it and am curious to see what new info i can learn... i believe it was revealed on oprah last year but i could be wrong...


i i eee  – (3:44 PM)  

My mom has "You On a Diet" and although she feels like it's a good resource (and she has lost some weight since reading it, by the way) she feels that it's not something one could strictly live on for the rest of their life. She said she doesn't think the recipes sound that good. I'll have to ask her more about it later.

Kim  – (4:12 PM)  

I bought my mom "You on a Diet" for Christmas. I'm still waiting for my turn to read it. :(

Askazombiehousewife  – (9:18 PM)  

I am glad your stiches are out and that you heal up nicely in those three weeks :-)

I havem't read You on a diet yet.

Living to Feel Good  – (1:08 AM)  

Okay I haven't even heard of "You on a Diet". I must be out of the loop.

Glad your stitches are out, and I hope you heal fast to get back on your feet. :)

Greta  – (9:55 AM)  

I am so impressed you are still working out with all you have going on with your foot. I have always been an excuse girl.....way to go!!

Amanda  – (11:43 AM)  

hey! i'm glad your stiches are out and everything is going well! i can't believe how much your doing (exercising etc)!!! you're hard core!!! thanks for the tip with the hair, i dyed it this morning!!! have a great day!!

Sharla  – (1:07 PM)  

I really liked this book! It was very easy to read with good info in it. My dad and daughter have read it as well. I'm glad I bought it.

I have made a couple of the recipes and I'll probably make them again. They were easy and
used "normal" items-not gourmet type foods.

Anonymous –   – (3:24 PM)  

Yay on having your stitches out and healing! I feel your pain with the whole waiting to see what you can and cannot do exercise wise thing!

Dee  – (3:36 PM)  

It's great that you're feeling better and are able to move around more. You've really got that exercise thing down. If I had surgery I'd probably just use it as an excuse to not exercise. Way to go!

Post a Comment