case of the blahs

sorry i haven't posted, i've been around but way too busy to write anything... i'm back to hating my job right now - there's so much to do for this annual meeting plus my laundry list of other stuff keeps getting longer... i'm tired of everything again, perhaps i'm just in a funk - i know i was overdue for one anyway... eric caught some cold over the weekend so i'm just counting the days til i start feeling symptoms as well - lovely, right? hopefully i'll be okay esp. since we're going to pittsburgh this weekend and who wants to travel when they're not feeling well... :o(

anyway, my weekend was okay - we didn't do much since he was sick but did watch 'the aviator' on sunday before i went home... i spent the rest of the day sulking since i didn't have anything to do and was extremely bored - ever have one of those days where you just don't want to do anything? i wasn't tired either so i watched a lot of tv - including some of the race, the oscars, and dexter... OH, i did install my new software (adobe creative suite 3) so maybe i actually accomplished something afterall... ;o)

i also managed to get new sneakers, tried them out yesterday and they seemed good on the treadmill... i wasn't in the mood to workout but made myself do 3-miles anyway, not sure if it helped but at least i made an effort... should go today but again, not feeling like it - we'll see...

i'm not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow either - haven't been horrible but haven't been accountable... i just get so off-course when the weekend gets here... i need to go to the grocery store too - had oatmeal with craisins and walnuts for lunch - time to restock... :o)

happy tuesday...


Anonymous –   – (1:54 PM)  

It seems like there are a lot of us that are in funky moods. Maybe it;s the winter? I am SO looking forward to spring.

Dee  – (2:25 PM)  

I agree...I think we're all dealing with some form of winter blah's. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Good job on making yourself get on the treadmill! I can never talk myself into working out if I don't feel like it!

Greta  – (3:10 PM)  

oh we ALL goes through the blahs!! No doubt about it. And I know from reading your blog for a while now you don't go through them often....so you are definitely allowed!! Weigh in will help.....if its down then that's motivation to keep going....if its up, well, it will snap you back into focus.
Weekends are ALWAYS are tough time....ist so easy to just say whatever and have fun. Trying to find the balance.

Unknown  – (5:20 PM)  

Sorry you've got a case of the blah's Jodi. I think the fact that you made yourself exercise had to be a positive thing... and maybe if you go again you'll feel your spirits pick up? Sometimes I find that the more I let the blahs get to me and I want to hunker down with a blanket and the remote, the more the exercise actually does something good for my attitude. It might just be me...

Either way, certainly hope you're feeling more like your cheerful self soon.

JavaChick  – (9:30 PM)  

Good on ya, doing the treadmill thing even though you didn't feel like it.

February seems to be the hardest month of the year for some reason. Bright side, it's almost over!

Hang in there!

Shirls  – (10:41 PM)  

I find that a positive attitude and extra attention to what I'm eating and how much I'm moving, really really helps me keep those damn colds away :0) I had one in December or January and it was the first I could remember in almost 2 years. My friend who is a trainer has done a lot of research into fever inducing exercise as a method to get a cold to head the other way.. basically you exercise so high intensity that you produce a fever that kills off the bugs... worth a try :0)

Roni  – (10:47 PM)  

Blah here too! We need to snap out of it.

Take One Stripper Pole  – (1:22 AM)  

Sending you lots of warm fuzzies ... so all the blahs go away!

Hopefulloser  – (9:58 AM)  

Yup, I'm all too familiar with this feeling. It comes and goes. I hope you feel better soon!

Teresa  – (10:50 AM)  

All the best for a good weigh in. Down in the dumps seems to be going around. Hope you don't catch that cold. Keep well!

Trish  – (12:43 PM)  

Hope you lose the blahs soon Jodi, they're cruddy! Hope you are well today!

*Bitch Cakes*  – (1:40 PM)  

Hey Jodi, don't worry about the weigh in. Just try to figure out your funk and get out of it. Focus on your good behaviors as soon as you can. I had such an off week last week that when I got weighed in this Monday I told them to "write it down, but don't tell me". I won't look at it till my NEXT weigh in...

Anyway- go out there and enjoy your new sneakers!

Post a Comment