fat tuesday

my company is having TWO functions today, because of mardi gras, and i'm partaking in neither... why you ask? because i needed my points for pizza - someone i work with is leaving so they threw him a party with pizza and cake today (which i had zero slices of and heard it pretty much sucked anyway)... papa johns isn't my favorite pizza but i selected two slices and stopped there, even though i'm sure i could've eaten 4-5... this is the 2nd time i've had pizza this week too... on saturday, eric and i enjoyed an oldy but goody - chef boy-r-dee pizza from a box... i grew-up having this on friday nights so we thought it would be fun to try it and see if it's still the same - i'm happy to say, it is! i piled lots of veggies on my half so considering it wasn't the most healthy option for dinner, i did what i could to make it better... AND i succeeded at keeping track of my points this weekend too so yay me! :o)

i made it to spin class on saturday and found out mr. hairy man is now the weekly instructor - the guy that used to teach, no longer works there and i'm really bummed! this guy just doesn't do it for me (exercise wise) and his music blows but i don't have much choice... it's either that or hop on the elliptical/treadmill which is what i do during the week so i guess i'll just have to deal... as for the rest of my saturday - i helped eric take pictures of some motorcycle parts he wants to sell on ebay, then we hit home depot to look at ceiling fans, and then we hit the grocery store... movie this weekend: harry potter and the order of the phoenix - i know i'm a bit behind on this one but i really enjoyed it! :o)

sunday i did some cleaning and then my mom came over so eric could work on her car... since i'm the family-designer, i had to help her with a flyer and then we ran over to thrift store to see if we could find anything good... for once i didn't buy any clothes but did pick-up a rug for in front of the kitchen sink... eric made his famous chili for the superbowl and i suggested making bread but we started it pretty late... so as a result, we didn't have dinner til almost 9:30! as for the game - i didn't think it was all that good until the last 5-minutes and the commercials sucked except for the animal ones (clydesdale esp.) and the talking shirt-stain... i laughed until i cried while watching that one! :o)

work has been busy so that should help make the week go by fast... eric left for san diego this morning (free trip with his brother!) so i get to watch norman for the week... he's normally not a cuddle-bug like max so i was surprised to find him sleeping on the bed last night... i'm sure max isn't very happy about that so we'll see what happens tonight... :o)

and on a very sad note - one of our fellow bloggers, anne, has decided to move-on and not blog anymore... her website was one of the few that i found when i first started my journey almost 3 years ago - i learned a lot from her, as well as from many of you, so please take some time to wish her well... question: have YOU ever thought about when you will no longer blog? i know there will be a day when that happens to me, i'm not sure if i'm ready for it yet but i know it's coming... i mean, do you guys really care what movies i watch over the weekend? ;o)

happy fat tuesday...

p.s. i caved and went to the 2nd function (i know, i know...) and had a small hot pretzel, some crab dip, and some veggies... no dinner for me tonight!


*Christie*  – (2:35 PM)  

Sounds like you're doing a great job at balancing - still allowing yourself old favorites, but in moderation. Hooray!

Rebecca  – (2:50 PM)  

yeah for counting over the weekend!!

not like it's hard but it seems just finding the time to do it doesnt exist!

Sizzle  – (2:51 PM)  

i hate when i get cake that isn't even worth eating. especially the kind with the frosting that leaves a waxy film on your tongue. ewww. :)

Kate  – (2:52 PM)  

I Honestly haven't had pizza (real pizza) in over a year. I make myself english muffin pizzas on occasion, but haven't had pizza in forever, I really need to "splurge" on that. Good job on staying in control, and on getting to spin class...go jodi!

Kim  – (3:43 PM)  

You better not stop blogging anytime soon girlie!! :) I never would have guessed that when I started my blog (pretty much on a lark) that I would still be at it 2 years later. Crazy isn't it? Writing in the blog has become such a release, especially for all sorts of nonsense that I don't let out in real life. I get so much out of reading other people's blogs too.

p.s.
I LOVE your movie reviews!! :)

marie  – (6:47 PM)  

Stop blogging? WHAT?!

bite your tongue!

Shirls  – (8:58 PM)  

ok, sorry I got stuck at the beginning with "chief boy r dee pizza" in a box... seriously there is such a thing?? I'm so stunned by that, I loved the chief's spag and meatballs as a kid but never, every knew he did a pizza!

Chris H  – (10:49 PM)  

I sometimes do think about stopping blogging... it has become such a 'tie' and a huge part of my day.... and that's not quite what I thought it would be. But, while I am loving it I will continue ... maybe one day it will not be so important, but for now it is. And no, I don't really care what movie you watch over the weekends really! LOL

Living to Feel Good  – (11:37 PM)  

MR Hairy music blows eh? Hahahaha. Sorry that just really made me laugh. :)

I was sad about Anne too. I understand though. I have felt like that many times though. When I first started blogging I would blog every day. Now I blog 2-3 times a week. Maybe Anne will miss it. We can hope right? :D

Post a Comment