weigh-in

i'm happy to be back on the never-ending, weightloss rollercoaster - my scale showed a 1.8 pound loss this week, so i will take it... i'm still not down to my pre-holiday weight but that's okay, i have chosen to be more imperfect than perfect in the last few weeks and i feel that is more realistic for the long haul... it's important to stick with something that you KNOW you can keep doing, regardless of the situation you're in, and i think what i've been doing, is good for me right now... :o)

i had to do some errands last night, one of them included going to target since i prefer their greeting cards over the ones a the grocery store... i quickly glanced thru their clearance racks and found THE cutest black, mock-wrap dress, in a size medium... "do i dare to even TRY it on?" i thought... what the hell, right? i'm glad i did because it fit and it looked good and best of all - it was marked down to $12... talk about a score! i'm wearing it today and feel oh-so-very sexy, even got a few compliments already... it's going to be a great day! ;o)

so after my tar-jay spending spree, i had to pick-up some things at the grocery store and grabbed a few yoplait light yogurts - have you tried these? OMG they are so good! i had the apple turnover last night for dinner and it was incredibly creamy, apply, and just plain tasty... to see what other flavors they have, check out their website, i can't wait to try the boston cream pie! :o)

work should be quiet today so i'm looking forward to catching-up with everyone... i'm also meeting another girlfriend after work for dinner, we haven't decided where we're going so i may need to do some research and find a healthy option... i tend to be a bit more lenient on weigh-in day, since it's the beginning of a new week, but i don't want to blow all my flexies on one dinner... ;o)

happy hump day...


Unknown  – (10:11 AM)  

A loss on the scale AND a sexy new wrap dress? Yowzah!! Sounds like a GREAT day to me!! (I must get my booty to Target, wrap dresses are a go-to item for me!)

Kate  – (10:23 AM)  

Congrats on the loss, glad to see your heading in the right direction.

And you are totally right about stick with something that you know you can keep doing, I know that while I'm not perfect on WW's all the time, it's something that in the long run, I can stick with, and thats what matters most.

Sizzle  – (10:52 AM)  

i LOVE target bargains. sounds super cute. :)

Rebecca  – (11:14 AM)  

yeah for the loss!!!

i'm with you though..after years of sticking to crazy diets, it's time to embrace the whole lifestyle change thing and really do what you know you can do. yeah, it comes off slower but you won't have to take it off again 5years down the road!

The Thick and Creamy Light are amazing! My fave is vanilla with a little granola on top. Delish and very filling!

Glad to see your week is starting off great!

Kim  – (11:59 AM)  

Congrats on the sweet loss, and for bringing sexy back. ;) (not that it was gone!!)

Teresa  – (1:15 PM)  

Another great loss, good for you. Enjoy that dress you deserve all the compliments. Have a great day.

Marathon Someday  – (1:35 PM)  

Great loss, and yay for the dress! Nothing like a new dress to make you feel fabulous.

Keep up the great work!

(Oh - and great suggestion about doing the "before work" gym thing 2-3 x per week. Maybe it won't be so painful if I spread it out. Have to keep remembering that it's not 'all or nothing'!).

HappyBlogChick  – (1:37 PM)  

Hooray, congrats about the loss, and the dress sounds like a great find. Don't you love the tar-jay sales racks? I found a great sweater there a few weeks ago. $7 baby! Yeah!

Happy hump day to you, too!

*Bitch Cakes*  – (1:41 PM)  

Congrats on the loss! You're so close to goal!!!

You're totally right about the realistic approach- allowing for imperfection! I'm a perfectionist by nature, so that lesson took me 17 years to grasp.

BTW- I am undisputed "Queen of the Wrap Dress". I have on a target black mock wrap dress today! Not the same one though, it wasn't marked down yet... Size XS, I like things TIGHT. And just ordered the same one online this morning. I tend to buy things in multiples when I really love them!. They're so perfectly cut and figure flattering. I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ;)

Amy  – (2:03 PM)  

Way to go on a kickass WI Jodi!

Amy  – (2:04 PM)  

oh, and on a side note: You sound like you look extra foxy today in your new dress!

Grumpy Chair  – (2:22 PM)  

Maybe today is the day to ask for a raise! I love clothes that make you feel confident and good about yourself.

eurydice  – (2:56 PM)  

i love bargains so much - score! and congrats on your loss :)

Chris H  – (3:40 PM)  

Awesome loss mate, you are back on track, this is good!

Shirls  – (4:17 PM)  

I agree, it HAS to be something you can do for your life, otherwise its just not going to stick..

$12 dress! smoking deal and obviously you look smoking in it as well!

Mel  – (7:21 PM)  

What would we do without Tar-jay? I just had the apple turnover yoplait the other day and was telling my husband how great it was. Definitely on my list to get again! I have been having one for lunch every day.

Greta  – (7:52 AM)  

Congrats on the loss!! And the Target score!!!!
I have tied some of the Yoplait lights but not the apple- might try that today! Yum!

Unknown  – (4:04 PM)  

Holy crap - 1.8 pounds.........Congrats!!!

Way to go on the dress find.........nothing is more fun than finding a super cute bargain!!!

Any word on the job???

Caroline  – (4:22 PM)  

Congrats on the WI!!!

Anne  – (7:18 PM)  

Nice loss!
I wish we had a target here. I also bought a wrap dress when I was there, I'm always getting compliments, and the price was so good!! I think I may have to go to the States soon :)

Post a Comment