grab this!

it was really hard to get up this morning esp. since (a) it was freezing outside, (b) eric had the day off, and (c) norman was being rather cuddly in bed (and so was eric for that matter but i digress)... he got home around 6:00 last night so we hung-out, caught-up on everything, watched LOST (it was good but not as good as last week i thought), and then enjoyed my best coconut curry chicken ever... okay, i DO need to cut-back on the red pepper flakes next time but otherwise - it was super tasty! :o)

work is quiet today and i've been rather bored, so i've been catchgin-up with all my blogs and trying to find anything/anyone new... i did come across this report on CNN about a writer, lynn, who lost over 168 on weight watchers and gives a lot of credit to blogging for being accountable and so successful... i just had to share some of her words with you because even though she has lost almost 200 pounds, she still has the same struggles that the rest of us go thru - check out her blog here...

"
I gained a pound this week. A well-deserved pound. I know this doesn’t seem like much in the grand scheme, but you know and I know that if I don’t nip it in the bud, that pound will recruit 10 of its buddies and I’ll no longer fit in any of my clothes."

"The pound I gained represents stress and poor food choices ... I am what I call a “grabber.” I grab a cracker here, a Hershey Kiss there, maybe a few almonds or a spoonful of soy frozen dessert – no one big thing in one sitting. But all these little grabs add up in the course of a day, and when I don’t acknowledge these little grabs in my food journal, it adds up to a pound in a week."

"I was reminded again tonight that being at goal doesn’t make me immune from the the familiar feelings of the past ... I wanted to eat tonight, mindlessly, and drink more wine than a glass. I wanted to not care if I worked out tomorrow. I wanted to not give a roaring crap about anything, just for a night. But that guiding voice inside me, that conscience within my conscience, told me that if I didn’t care tonight, I wouldn’t care tomorrow or the next day or the next."

i never knew that there was a term for what i did, but am glad to know i'm now a 'grabber'... who would've thought... ;o)

happy monday...


eurydice  – (2:45 PM)  

as i just "grabbed" and ate 2 hershey kisses (unplanned) i can totally relate.

*Bitch Cakes*  – (3:53 PM)  

I'm a total grabber! (and a secret snacker) but I've been super mindful about that lately and made huge strides in the fight against it. Like she said though, none of us will ever be immune and those bad habits come back so quickly. They must be stopped as soon as we can catch and reverse them.

Martalu  – (9:33 PM)  

with all that cuddly business going on, it could have been a warm day and you still wouldn't have wanted to get up!!

Cloverfield was awesome, again. I love that flick. My mom loved it too, although she was confused by the ending at first. I'm ready to go again!

Have you seen There Will Be Blood? That may have to be my next one, but not with my mom. She's practically ADD when it comes to movies!

Future Me  – (9:37 PM)  

I am totally a grabber too. Love that word for it. I've been home this week and that's made it even worse; I swear every time I walk through the kitchen I have to stop and grab something. No more!

Living to Feel Good  – (1:52 PM)  

Thanks for sharing that blog. Did you see her before pictures, and then her pictures of when she was on Oprah?! She doesn't even look like the same person. So awesome!

Sarah  – (2:28 PM)  

I'm a grabber too! It's like they don't count if you eat in small bits! Sadly, she is right though. They count on weigh in day!

Unknown  – (4:13 PM)  

I'm the "grabber" in that blog! Thanks for the shoutout. I love your blog and will link it to my site, if that's OK with you. Thankfully I didn't "grab" a thing today and rid myself of that damn pound, but man, those Hershey Kisses are calling my name. All my best. Lynn Bering

Take One Stripper Pole  – (9:42 PM)  

Ok ... first of all how cool is it that Lynn commented! And second ... I always thought of myself as a "grazer" ... but "grabber" does seem more appropriate!

Post a Comment