no slacking aloud

i allowed myself to sleep-in yesterday - didn't feel guilty for not going to spin class since i did that 5-mile run on friday... i was still up early though (damn those kitties!) so i enjoyed a nice breakfast and then hit the road... i helped my mom organize some things as well as get her xmas stuff in the attic AND her dry (but still very smelly) xmas tree out of the house... we then headed to the chocolate-thing which wasn't much besides a few stores handing out hershey kisses, quite the letdown in my book... one place did have some sparkling juice and champagne so i chose the latter, why the hell not... from there, we headed north to hanover so we could stock-up on snyder pretzels from the outlet (a local brand in PA) and then visited w/my brother for a while... i treated them to dinner at texas weiners and yes, the name is exactly what it is... 2 chili & onion dogs later (and fries), i felt like i had ingested enough fat for a week! still tasty though! oh, my mom and i also went to the clarks outlet and i scored a pair of tan, suede boots for only $19.99! sweet! :o)

as for today, i was up early again so i hit the grocery store, made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen & bathroom, did some laundry, vacuumed, AND went for a 3-mile jog... i knew i had to do some sort of exercise today and took advantage of the nice (though windy) weather we're having... i used mapmywalk.com to calculate how far my route was, it's pretty cool... :o)

eric will be home later today so i'm making coconut curry chicken for dinner and need to get that started... i am looking forward to seeing him as well as watching LOST tonight, i hope it's a good episode! :o)

enjoy the rest of your sunday... :o)


angelfish24  – (2:52 PM)  

Way to go on your running. It makes you feel good when your done right. It's been a long time since I ran as I'm back to walking but it's a start.
Hope you have a great week.

Take One Stripper Pole  – (5:27 PM)  

Oh coconut curry shrimp sounds yummy! Care to send some my way? I think I have mastered cooking plain chicken so far!

Checked out mapmywalk.com! I love it. This could be a fun little tool for walking my dog.

Shelley  – (9:47 PM)  

Congrats on your running...that's awesome that you got out and about this weekend. I jogged on Saturday and took Sunday off to rest my bones.

I have to tell ya..thanks for sharing about the mapmywalk website...it rocks. I have been using google maps for the longest time...and this is so much better.

You rock my socks today...

Unknown  – (9:53 AM)  

I cleaned and ran too the other day. It is tough!! Good job!

Kate  – (11:06 AM)  

We have Snyders of Hanover Pretzels here in Michigan too :)

Great job on getting some running in two times...go you!

Teresa  – (12:05 PM)  

Sorry to hear the chocolate thing was disappointing. Curry is the best. Have a nice day.

Chubby Chick  – (12:16 PM)  

Hi, Jodi. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's nice to "meet" you. :)

To answer your question, I found the cartoon at www.photobucket.com. They have lots of cool graphics there, and that's where I find most of mine.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Good luck with all your goals! :)

Caroline  – (3:27 PM)  

Congrats on your running! I'm trying to get there.... I would love your coconut curry chicken recipe! I don't really like coconut, but I love curry. I know Chris would love a new curry recipe! I have a peanut yogurt dish that reminds me of curry, but he didn't really like it.

*Bitch Cakes*  – (2:01 PM)  

Congrats on the 5 miles! I can't run a block. Seriously, I am just not a runner.

I love mapmywalk.com! Thanks so much for mentioning it here.

I just noticed you had 2 chili dogs and fries- there is a very excellent choice that the sodium from that is why you weren't thrilled with your weigh in results. I know that a meal out the day before my weigh in will ALWAYS put me up at least a pound. Drink a lot of water this week and continue your great behaviors and I bet you have a weigh in next week that's a little kinder :)

Post a Comment